10-50 on Ebay in California

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
gemering
Victor IV

10-50 on Ebay in California

Post by gemering »

This may potentially be a good buy for someone if the price stays low.
I have never owned a 10-50, but I do know there are potmetal issues with the record changers, so buyer be aware of that!
Good luck to any of our members on the left coast, who might consider this machine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191031748958?ss ... 1423.l2649

Gene

Garret
Victor IV

Re: 10-50 on Ebay in California

Post by Garret »

An excellent lacquer refinish, which is clearly needed here, would run to about $2500. Replacement pot metal parts will run at least $200. Program carriers would cost about $300. New record holder would be about $175. That's presuming the changer and other parts are all there. Not worth it unless you have a lot of free time, or are willing to put up with the finish.

gemering
Victor IV

Post by gemering »

Obviously not worth buying, unless you are someone who can do your own refinishing and are well-versed in the mechanics and electronics associated with this model.
As Garret mentioned, it would be prohibitive, if one had to pay a professional to do the refinishing on the case, which from the photos, needs a lot of help.
Someone somewhere thinks the $100 starting bid was worth it. :D
Gene

Garret
Victor IV

Post by Garret »

The starting bid is definitely worth it for the parts, if nothing else!

Microtrol
Victor I
Personal Text: You are where you want to be

Post by Microtrol »

I have been looking for one these for sometime and most are on the otherside of the country, the finish is pretty bad but I have restored worse machines ( poly coated 8-12 and shabby chiced columbias) and find the mechanical a challenge. If the price doesn't go to high I think I'll have a new project machine if the phono gods are good to me.
Brandt

Garret
Victor IV

Post by Garret »

Good luck!

Your two biggest challenges will be recreating the factory finish and replacing the pot metal parts. The changer adjustments are pretty easy once you properly have the pot metal replacement parts in place.

Garret