Craigslist Modesto, CA - VV-7-11

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Craigslist Modesto, CA - VV-7-11

Post by Jerry B. »

There's a very interesting VV-7-11 for sale on craigslist Modesto, CA. It's been in the family since new and has the record albums. It looks great and the price is $950. The number is 209-918-0808. Jerry Blais (What do these normally sell for?)

Garret
Victor IV

Re: Craigslist Modesto, CA - VV-7-11

Post by Garret »

These normally sell for a lot less than that. I remember someone selling one a few years back for a fraction of that price, and the example sold for cheap looked like it was factory new.

Garret

De Soto Frank
Victor V

Post by De Soto Frank »

I bought mine locally ( NE PA ) about 3- 4 years ago for $250 (?), in "good" to "very good" cosmetic condition, with three of the four fancy-spine albums. Talking machine works fine, radio complete but condition un-known.

They are an interesting combination, but at heart a decent Radiola 18 outfit with a 2-55 portable works all in the same package.

I would think $950 would be the high limit for a "better than new" example ?

:monkey: :coffee:
De Soto Frank

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

The 7-11 was a bit hit in 1928 before 1929's Victrola RE-45 topped it. I just sold my 7-11 with original albums and rebuilt radio and electric turntable for $300. I've never seen one sell for over $350, and I've seen some sell for a lot less.