Craiglist Tri cities TN -Sonora and Edison

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
TNPhono
Victor Jr

Craiglist Tri cities TN -Sonora and Edison

Post by TNPhono »

http://tricities.craigslist.org/atq/4338238201.html

These are my machines, feel free to point out any flaws, changes, etc and I will gladly add them to my ad. I have a limited knowledge in these machines and thick skin. Comments on price etc are all welcome. If I need to move the post Admin please let me know. Thank you.
Last edited by TNPhono on Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

OrthoSean
Victor V

Re: Craiglist Tri cities TN -Sonora and Edison

Post by OrthoSean »

Both machines look refinished and the Sonora has the incorrect grill.

Sean

phono-smitten
Victor I

Post by phono-smitten »

The Sonora appears to be a Baby Grand. As Sean stated it does not have the original grill and looks refinished with the Sonora logo covered or removed from the lid.

Find an example of a Baby Grand here: http://www.collectorsworldwest.com/lookup.php?id=111

TNPhono
Victor Jr

Post by TNPhono »

Yes I found that one before but was unable to see a price a lot of the prices I found where over 1000 and I figured that seemed High so I priced accordingly. Are these prices outrageous?

mattrx
Victor IV

Post by mattrx »

I don't have the experience most of these guys and gals have, but they don't look too out of line. The Sonora seems a little high since the grill is going to have to be replaced to make it look more original. If I didn't live at the opposite end of the state near Memphis, I'd be considering the Sonora! I do not have one and I love the styling of the bombe cabinet.
Matt

TNPhono
Victor Jr

Post by TNPhono »

Well I figured people would hit me with counter offers etc and id settle for like $500 for the pair or something. Yeah the farthest I head west is knoxville on occasion.

FloridaClay
Victor VI

Post by FloridaClay »

The grille cloth, especially on the Sonora, is so far off base as to be off-putting, albeit something easily remedied. The big issue would be trying to find a correct grille.

Clay
Arthur W. J. G. Ord-Hume's Laws of Collecting
1. Space will expand to accommodate an infinite number of possessions, regardless of their size.
2. Shortage of finance, however dire, will never prevent the acquisition of a desired object, however improbable its cost.

TNPhono
Victor Jr

Post by TNPhono »

I appreciate it guys, I think I've gathered enought to change the ad correctly, no one has said the prices are crazy so ill leave them be with an obo

TNPhono
Victor Jr

Post by TNPhono »

Just realized I never confirmed the age of these machines with you guys. The patent paper under the drawer of the Sonora has patent dates up to 1920, no idea on Edison.

Sorry just want to make sure I have it right, I mean people here can spot one and know everything they need to, but I don't want to cheat anyone on craigslist.

FloridaClay
Victor VI

Re: Admin can delete posting

Post by FloridaClay »

It appears that your Edison is a Sheraton without inlay ("sans inlay"), which came out in 1919. According to Frow, it was available from then until August 1927.

Clay
Arthur W. J. G. Ord-Hume's Laws of Collecting
1. Space will expand to accommodate an infinite number of possessions, regardless of their size.
2. Shortage of finance, however dire, will never prevent the acquisition of a desired object, however improbable its cost.