Victor II

Re: Crazy bidding, anyone?

Post by ejackett »

Thats crazy indeed frpm .99 to 6100.00 wow

rgordon939
Victor V

Post by rgordon939 »

I have a few machines that I'm thinking of asking this person to sell for me. I'd even be happy with half the price.

Rich Gordon

Bruce
Victor III

Post by Bruce »

Incredible! If I could sell my machines for this kind of over market price I would sell them all off and start all over again. Matter of fact I could afford to buy each new machine their own airline ticket in first class.

Ripduf1
Victor III
Personal Text: HORNS ROLLED & STRAIGHTENED

Post by Ripduf1 »

The seller is being scammed. Look at bid history. Its all the same "new ebay member". Which I dont really think should be possible if it was legit. (ebay doesnt increase your bid if you bid a higher price a second time AND you were already high bidder). Don't even look at it. John
Horns rolled and straightened

Hailey
Victor III

Post by Hailey »

Let's all remember that this is eBay...ANYTHING is possible! I also know for a fact that many sellers will arrange to have their own items bid up on. Nevertheless, there are as many different crooked maneuvers that can be undertaken by sellers on eBay as there are buyers who attempt to hijack the system.
This is all why I will freaking die with my stuff before you see it show up on eBay. And stay tuned...we just may surprise you.

phonojim
Victor IV

Post by phonojim »

I don't necessarily see it as scam against the seller. It may just be a bidding frenzy to end all bidding frenzies. Mr. Newbie can be seen bidding in increments in an attempt to exceed the high bid (possibly a shill)which he finally managed to do. It will be interesting to see if he ends up going even higher if that's what it takes to get it. The seller will be dancing all the way to the bank, assuming he actually gets paid. That said, similar machines will sell in the $3-400.00 range at Stanton's next month. Wish I knew this guy so I could sell him some of my stuff.
I put this on my watch list so I can see how things shake out.

Jim

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

Ripduf1 wrote:The seller is being scammed. Look at bid history. Its all the same "new ebay member". Which I dont really think should be possible if it was legit. (ebay doesnt increase your bid if you bid a higher price a second time AND you were already high bidder). Don't even look at it. John
I feel bad for the seller. This kind of garbage drives away legitimate buyers.

Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

Shall we start a pool on how long it will be before this is relisted because the buyer didn't pay for it? :D

jimmantwo
Victor I

Post by jimmantwo »

It looks like the legitimate bidding ended at around $590. Is that about what it is worth? I don't know anything about Edison values. Goofy.