Credenza on Portland, OR craigslist

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
OrthoSean
Victor V

Re: Credenza on Portland, OR craigslist

Post by OrthoSean »

$800 really isn't a bad price for a nice Credenza. This one may have a brass reproducer also, which would make it an even better deal. Too bad he hasn't added any more pictures, thuogh!

Sean

tomwil
Victor I

Post by tomwil »

Jerry B. wrote:There's a nice spring driven Credenza under "antique victrola" on the Portland Oregon craigslist. The price is $500. Jerry
fran604g wrote:Well, the guy tried to squeeze me for $800. He can keep it.
Duly flagged!

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

OrthoSean wrote:$800 really isn't a bad price for a nice Credenza. This one may have a brass reproducer also, which would make it an even better deal. Too bad he hasn't added any more pictures, thuogh!

Sean
Maybe true, but when you list something for a price, you should have some integrity.
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

OrthoSean
Victor V

Post by OrthoSean »

That I agree with, I was just saying at $800, it's still a fair price. I wasn't in any way validating the seller's behavior and I should have said that! Incidentally, I bought a pretty nice Credenza with a pot metal reproducer out your way (in Rochester) a few years ago for about $300. They are out there!

Sean

fran604g
Victor VI

Post by fran604g »

OrthoSean wrote:That I agree with, I was just saying at $800, it's still a fair price. I wasn't in any way validating the seller's behavior and I should have said that! Incidentally, I bought a pretty nice Credenza with a pot metal reproducer out your way (in Rochester) a few years ago for about $300. They are out there!

Sean
I think what probably bothers me the most is that I was definitely taking a bit of a gamble on a machine that I couldn't personally inspect before paying for it. I was willing to take that risk. The other part is that I have 2 other people that were willing to go out of their way to help me get it across the entire nation and I'm grateful to them, so in contrast to that, I feel like the guy selling it sort of impacted others besides me.

I'm keeping hope that one will turn up locally, I'm confident that something will come along, for sure. :D

Thanks, Sean, for the encouragement.
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

barnettrp21122
Victor IV
Personal Text: "Did you ever stop to think that pleasure is a duty?" (Victor sales pamphlet)

Post by barnettrp21122 »

Here's a current one in Virginia on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0811541849
Bob
"Comparison is the thief of joy" Theodore Roosevelt

His Master's Voice Automatic 1A Exponential Gramophone Demonstration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi70G1Rzqpo

miker2001
Victor II

Post by miker2001 »

If the seller wants more, the seller should delete and relist. It costs nothing and avoids what looks like shaddy dealings.

Scott
Victor II

Post by Scott »

miker2001 wrote:If the seller wants more, the seller should delete and relist. It costs nothing and avoids what looks like shaddy dealings.
I concur 100%. Not at all a good way to conduct business. Total lack of integrity on the seller's part.

fran604g
Victor VI

Post by fran604g »

barnettrp21122 wrote:Here's a current one in Virginia on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0811541849
Bob
Thanks Bob, I saw that while browsing eBAY. If I were closer, I would definitely check it out.

Fran

fran604g
Victor VI

Post by fran604g »

Well, if anyone on the west coast is interested, I just received an email from the guy saying that he decided to sell it to me after all.

I declined, so apparently it's still for sale.

As pointed out by OrthoSean, it could be a good deal for the right person.

Fran