Graphophone "C" that sold on eBAY today

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
19Orient10
Victor Jr

Re: Graphophone "C" that sold on eBAY today

Post by 19Orient10 »

Hello,

I suppose I've really enjoyed the discussion regarding the Graphophone Model C more than most readers, as I was the high bidder. I too was surprised at the lack of bidders for this item what with the way folks now seem to bid early and often, needlessly driving up the prices in these auctions. Was I lucky? We shall see!

You've provided a good deal of background information I would have otherwise needed to ferret out. My hat is off to all of you!

The model C will be joining a modest gathering of machines, some of which I've had for over 50 years, and these fellows have never complained. So, I like to think it's coming to a good home. Yes, shipping and the related cost are certainly concerns, but weighing the alternatives--a trip to Wisconsin from D.C. to hand carry it back or not getting it at all--I decided to take a chance.

Obviously, the machine has some problems, but nothing that looks particularly daunting. The odd bolt in the spring barrel is an interesting repair. Let's hope it was just a matter of using a suitably threaded bolt that was at hand. I suppose I'm more concerned about finding a copy of the paper direction sheet that should be pasted to the inside of the drop-down door. Any ideas where I might get a picture of or copy of the missing directions?

Many thanks for the comments, Wm.

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Re: Graphophone "C" that sold on eBAY today

Post by fran604g »

Congratulations, William! It looks like you have a very interesting "C"!

I hope you stay with us here for a while and participate in our community. Many of us have learned a great deal from the members that share their knowledge and wisdom, and I for one, would truly like to see that continue and broaden.

The more, the merrier!

Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.