Edison C-19 value.

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Re: Edison C-19 value.

Post by fran604g »

FloridaClay wrote:I have an A250 with a two cut dolphin key and a C19 with a two cut E key. Out of curiosity generated by this thread I just tried them and both keys work in the locks on both machines.

Clay
Thank you, Clay. Could you post a picture with the two keys side by side? I'm in the same boat as Scott, I would like to eventually have a key for my C-19, but like he says;
Scott wrote:So many keys, so much confusion. And, with the price folks want for keys, I surely don't want to get the wrong one.
Scott
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

De Soto Frank
Victor V

Post by De Soto Frank »

fran604g wrote:I expect to see valid grille cloth color(s) emerge in my research, I've begun noting the color of it in my database, but without closely examining the material myself, it would be wrong for me to make assumptions. The most common colors I've seen are "Green" and "Gold" and I think there may be some validity to those two colors at this point. I've seen no particular indication of either of those two colors being specified by Edison uniquely for the 250 or 19 so far.

I have received information of at least one known original intact grille that is (Olive) Green and several others have reported "Green" remnants, but I'm not aware of any reports of "Gold" remnants, that is curious to me, given several machines I've seen had "Gold" grille cloths.

Fran

I can't say absolutely, but I am 99-44/100% certain that the grille-cloth in my mahogany C-19 is original.

It is gold in color, with a slight sheen, and a "square" weave, similar to linen, but perhaps finer. There are no "other color" threads running through it that I can see. It is also EXTREMELY fragile at this point, and has a few tears in it, strips about ⅜" - ½" wide have started to "peel" from the top of the grille.

The back side of the grille shows no evidence of tack marks or other fabrics...

I will see if I can scare-up some photos.

:monkey: :coffee:
De Soto Frank

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

De Soto Frank wrote:
fran604g wrote:I expect to see valid grille cloth color(s) emerge in my research, I've begun noting the color of it in my database, but without closely examining the material myself, it would be wrong for me to make assumptions. The most common colors I've seen are "Green" and "Gold" and I think there may be some validity to those two colors at this point. I've seen no particular indication of either of those two colors being specified by Edison uniquely for the 250 or 19 so far.

I have received information of at least one known original intact grille that is (Olive) Green and several others have reported "Green" remnants, but I'm not aware of any reports of "Gold" remnants, that is curious to me, given several machines I've seen had "Gold" grille cloths.

Fran

I can't say absolutely, but I am 99-44/100% certain that the grille-cloth in my mahogany C-19 is original.

It is gold in color, with a slight sheen, and a "square" weave, similar to linen, but perhaps finer. There are no "other color" threads running through it that I can see. It is also EXTREMELY fragile at this point, and has a few tears in it, strips about ⅜" - ½" wide have started to "peel" from the top of the grille.

The back side of the grille shows no evidence of tack marks or other fabrics...

I will see if I can scare-up some photos.

:monkey: :coffee:
That's very interesting, Frank, I'd love to see a close up picture of the weave, if you can. :)

I'm wondering if silk was indeed used.

Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

FloridaClay
Victor VI

Post by FloridaClay »

Silk does tend to disintegrate over time.

Clay
Arthur W. J. G. Ord-Hume's Laws of Collecting
1. Space will expand to accommodate an infinite number of possessions, regardless of their size.
2. Shortage of finance, however dire, will never prevent the acquisition of a desired object, however improbable its cost.