Four Edisons for sale ($600 for the lot) in Tacoma

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
miker2001
Victor II

Re: Four Edisons for sale ($600 for the lot) in Tacoma

Post by miker2001 »

The money is disappearing and the miles on my car are really starting to add up! I have been to Tacoma several times for machines, Bremerton a couple times, Poulsbo, Ellensburg, Everett, Kirkland, Snoqualmie, Portland, and more. Connie is going to get a map with pushpins to start keeping track of the journeys. I may be penniless when it is over, but with a large smile!

fourforty
Victor I

Post by fourforty »

Nice job, Mike.

Out of curiosity, Which models of Standards did you steal, er I mean buy?
David

miker2001
Victor II

Post by miker2001 »

Hahahaha! I paid the asking price. I don't know enough about the models, and am very new at this. The plate on the bed, says Edison Standard. They both appear to be the same models. They both have C Reproducers and end gates that swing out. They both just say, Edison, on the front of the bottom of the case. I did get one of them to work, but I don't know if I have any two minute cylinders. It came with a blue Edison (a four minute cylinder) which sounded like it is skipping. The other one is missing its belt and has no crank.

They look like they are B's. Tall cases both with end gates.

FloridaClay
Victor VI

Post by FloridaClay »

Mike, apologies if you already know this, but a Blue Amberol won't play properly on an early Standard unless it has the 2 minute/4 minute conversion, with that set for 4-minute play. Otherwise it will skip. You can find 2-minute cylinders by the boat load on eBay. Just avoid moldy ones (with splotchy looking surfaces).

Clay
Arthur W. J. G. Ord-Hume's Laws of Collecting
1. Space will expand to accommodate an infinite number of possessions, regardless of their size.
2. Shortage of finance, however dire, will never prevent the acquisition of a desired object, however improbable its cost.

miker2001
Victor II

Post by miker2001 »

I found a 2 minute cylinder and it plays fine on the working machine. One machine is missing its belt but I switched the reproducers around and both play fine. The motor on the machine without the belt moves so my guess is that I just need to get a belt. This is pretty exciting news for me, because I had no idea if they worked when I bought them. (As you might imagine, I just wanted to complete the purchase, load them all up and get out of there!)

FloridaClay
Victor VI

Post by FloridaClay »

You made out like a bandit Mike! :D The kind of thing all of us keep hoping to find. Congrats again on your good fortune.

Clay
Arthur W. J. G. Ord-Hume's Laws of Collecting
1. Space will expand to accommodate an infinite number of possessions, regardless of their size.
2. Shortage of finance, however dire, will never prevent the acquisition of a desired object, however improbable its cost.