Canadian Trade Mark Ad

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
gramophone78
Victor VI

Canadian Trade Mark Ad

Post by gramophone78 »

I initially thought this piece was trimmed down on all sizes. However after better examination.....it appears Joe_DS is right. A mating boarder has been placed around the image. Although poorly done.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-GRAMOP ... 1096731350
Berliner Dealer Sign 1903.JPG
759681623_o.jpg
Last edited by gramophone78 on Wed May 28, 2014 2:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Re: Warning To Members Regarding This Ebay Item

Post by Phonofreak »

Thanks for the warning. I'll stay away from that. A real shame.
Harvey Kravitz

Roaring20s
Victor V
Personal Text: Those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music. Nietzsche

Post by Roaring20s »

gramophone78 wrote:...all four sides have been severely trimmed...
The seller noted the size as 11" x 7.5".
What is the correct size of this item?

James.

Joe_DS
Victor I

Post by Joe_DS »

Has it actually been trimmed or is the sloppily done cardboard boarder simply covering the outer area of the poster? You can see it's an overlay by the shadow that appears when you enlarge the photo:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (24.82 KiB) Viewed 1174 times
It would be great if the seller could remove the poster from the frame to verify.

Joe

gramophone78
Victor VI

Post by gramophone78 »

Joe_DS wrote:Has it actually been trimmed or is the sloppily done cardboard boarder simply covering the outer area of the poster? You can see it's an overlay by the shadow that appears when you enlarge the photo:
Capture.JPG
It would be great if the seller could remove the poster from the frame to verify.

Joe
I will have to concur with Joe's observation. It has to be a poorly made mating around the image. I have now altered my initial post. Also, the size is consistent with mine.
This said. I would have to assume once the mating is removed....you will have an image with a darker outer area due the covering and fading of the rest. In other words....it will look funny. Still a shame.