Large phonograph auction

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
EFearing
Victor O
Personal Text: " If it dosen't have a crank, I can't operate it"

Large phonograph auction

Post by EFearing »

My entire collection will be up for auction July the fourth at nine thirty a.m. At bobby langstons auction in Wilson NC. His auction schedule photos and times are on line. He also has online bidding for those who cannot attend. My collection once numbered almost 300 but a recent tornado took out a building full of phonos. These are the ones remaining. Hope youall find something you can use. Thanks

Uncle Vanya
Victor IV

Re: Large phonograph auction

Post by Uncle Vanya »

I'm so very sorry to hear of your disaster. When it rains, it pours, doesn't it?

downsouth
Victor III

Post by downsouth »

Do you have a link to the auction or their site?

Wes

phono-smitten
Victor I

Post by phono-smitten »

I'm so sorry for your loss. I had already seen the auction listing, many nice machines. I wish I was in a position to bid on the 8-9.

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/ ... e-auction/

Dee

Garret
Victor IV

Post by Garret »

So sorry to hear that.

downsouth
Victor III

Post by downsouth »

Wow, There's definitely some nice items being offered up. I'm sorry for the loss of your other machines.

Wes

Scott
Victor II

Post by Scott »

I wish I were closer. You have a very nice collection and I'm sorry to hear of you loss.

downsouth
Victor III

Post by downsouth »

The auction is still going on but all the phonographs are gone. I placed bids on eleven machines and won only two, but there were four other machines that sold for far less than my max bid amount. I don't get it. I've already been on the phone with the auction company and am waiting a decision. There were some low prices realized at this auction. Wish they were better for you considering what you had gone through with the tornado and all.

Wes

PHONOMIKE
Victor III

Post by PHONOMIKE »

downsouth wrote:The auction is still going on but all the phonographs are gone. I placed bids on eleven machines and won only two, but there were four other machines that sold for far less than my max bid amount. I don't get it. I've already been on the phone with the auction company and am waiting a decision. There were some low prices realized at this auction. Wish they were better for you considering what you had gone through with the tornado and all.

Wes
Something else I noticed that I don't understand. All items are individually marked "SOLD" with the sale price but some have 0 bids. Not sure how something sold with no bids.

There were however some great deals if you were 1 of the lucky bidders.

Best of luck with the auction company.

Mike

downsouth
Victor III

Post by downsouth »

Hey Mike, Theres something mysterious about bidding on something a great distance away from you. I've had decent luck in the past and some not so good experiences but this time I don't know what to think. I guess I'll find out by Monday. Keep your fingers crossed. It was good seeing you and your wife at Union.

Regards, Wes