Brunswick Phono with Battery Radiola in Hermiston, OR

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
CDBPDX
Victor V
Personal Text: A Hobbyist Specializing in Sales and Repair of Spring Motor Phonographs

Brunswick Phono with Battery Radiola in Hermiston, OR

Post by CDBPDX »

Someone is offering an interesting Brunswick spring motor phonograph in a large cabinet with an old battery operated radio. Looks pretty cool.

http://portland.craigslist.org/grg/atq/4546814259.html

CDB
Attachments
BRUNSWICK-RADIOLA003.jpg
BRUNSWICK-RADIOLA003.jpg (26.76 KiB) Viewed 1060 times
BRUNSWICK-RADIOLA001.jpg
BRUNSWICK-RADIOLA001.jpg (28.25 KiB) Viewed 1060 times
BRUNSWICK-RADIOLA002.jpg
BRUNSWICK-RADIOLA002.jpg (35.38 KiB) Viewed 1060 times
Last edited by CDBPDX on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cliff's Vintage Music Shoppe, Castle Rock, WA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIz_IpaVrW8

OrthoSean
Victor V

Re: Brunswick Phono with Battery Radio in McMinnville, OR

Post by OrthoSean »

These are really neat machines. It appears to be a BR-260, I have one and I love it. This one has just a slightly different cabinet variation than mine has with just a little less decoration. I haven't gotten around to having my radio worked on yet, but the phonograph part is great. These things weigh a ton!

Sean

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Re: Brunswick Phono with Battery Radiola in Hermiston, OR

Post by Phonofreak »

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm not that familiar with that machine. It looks like a late Panatrope version. It has the style and look of one of those. If so, is the arm correct or does it use the later Panatrope arm and reproducer? Most of The Brunswick Radio combinations are a console with the radio on the left side, and the phonograph on the right side. These have the Ultona arm.
Harvey Kravitz

OrthoSean
Victor V

Re: Brunswick Phono with Battery Radiola in Hermiston, OR

Post by OrthoSean »

These were the very first Brunswicks with Radiolas in them, they use Ultonas in them, so this is entirely correct. Interesting that this one has the stylus bar with the Pathé option, mine only has lateral and Edison. From what I recall seeing in Talking Machine World adverts from the time (1924-5), I don't remember seeing the Pathé option mentioned, just lateral and Edison, so I wonder if the seller of this machine swapped out reproducers. I'd be curious to know for certain, though. I bought a spare for mine with the Pathé needle bar on it to have as a spare and rebuilt it so I can play anything on mine.

Sean