Rare No.5b soundbox on Ebay??

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
Phono48
Victor IV

Rare No.5b soundbox on Ebay??

Post by Phono48 »

This is hilarious! Wrongly described as "very rare and made as an upgrade for 101 portables". No, it's a bog-standard 5b that has had the back insulator taken out, and the insulator from a No.4 fitted in it's place. I've done it loads of times. It takes about two minutes, and if you're careful, you don't lose the screws!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Very-Rare-HMV ... SwTM5Y1t3Z

clevelander
Victor II

Re: Rare No.5b soundbox on Ebay??

Post by clevelander »

This is for sale by "Our friend" whose name can not be mentioned.
He was selling some good Vulcan jazz cylinders last week.
I was just about to confirm my bid when I realized who the seller was. :o
All the cylinders went unsold. :)

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

The user's name "Uncle-Monkey" sure fits. If you fall for this, he'll make a monkey out of you :lol: Seriously, I have installed these inserts in Orthophonics to play on my earlier machines. But the modification is reversible.
Harvey Kravitz

Larry Hawes
Victor O

Post by Larry Hawes »

The fellow may have it wrong but we all make mistakes. Before you all go off on this guy note that he has over 2000 posive posts plus I had a very excellent dealing with him the item was rare the the packing perfect. Look in the mirror people everyone deserves a chance. Hawes Seattle

CarlosV
Victor IV

Post by CarlosV »

Larry Hawes wrote:The fellow may have it wrong but we all make mistakes. Before you all go off on this guy note that he has over 2000 posive posts plus I had a very excellent dealing with him the item was rare the the packing perfect. Look in the mirror people everyone deserves a chance. Hawes Seattle
I second that, the seller is an honest person.

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

CarlosV wrote:
Larry Hawes wrote:The fellow may have it wrong but we all make mistakes. Before you all go off on this guy note that he has over 2000 posive posts plus I had a very excellent dealing with him the item was rare the the packing perfect. Look in the mirror people everyone deserves a chance. Hawes Seattle
I second that, the seller is an honest person.

Just to set the record straight, the seller is a dishonest & spiteful person who is banned from our forum. However, we will not be discussing him any further. That chapter of our past has been laid to rest.