HMV Gramophone Winding Handle Phonograph gramophone Windup h

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Re: HMV Gramophone Winding Handle Phonograph gramophone Wind

Post by brianu »

---
Last edited by brianu on Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

OrthoFan
Victor V

Post by OrthoFan »

brianu wrote: I just don't see the difficulty in spending an extra 30 seconds to post a couple photos from the soon-to-be-expired ebay auction, craigslist post or whatever along with the link. but no matter, opinions will always differ.
Hi Brian:

Up until about two years ago, I was still using the cumbersome process of hitting the Print Screen button, calling up Windows Paint, pasting the image, cropping the image, saving the image as a JPG file, and then posting the image on this forum. It normally took me about five to ten minutes.

Since then, I discovered Windows Snipping Tool (available in Windows 7-10),which, oddly, not everyone knows about. Now the process is down to about a minute.

I don't have a clue as to how this is done using a MAC or smart phone since I'm still using a "stupid phone."

Since PC skills vary, perhaps it would be a good idea to post instructions about capturing and saving images with the modern tools available.

OF

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

OrthoFan wrote:
brianu wrote: I just don't see the difficulty in spending an extra 30 seconds to post a couple photos from the soon-to-be-expired ebay auction, craigslist post or whatever along with the link. but no matter, opinions will always differ.
Hi Brian:

Up until about two years ago, I was still using the cumbersome process of hitting the Print Screen button, calling up Windows Paint, pasting the image, cropping the image, saving the image as a JPG file, and then posting the image on this forum. It normally took me about five to ten minutes.

Since then, I discovered Windows Snipping Tool (available in Windows 7-10),which, oddly, not everyone knows about. Now the process is down to about a minute.

I don't have a clue as to how this is done using a MAC or smart phone since I'm still using a "stupid phone."

Since PC skills vary, perhaps it would be a good idea to post instructions about capturing and saving images with the modern tools available.

OF
I'm with you. I CAN post photos, but on my older computer it's a hassle. Is it too hard? Of course not, but I'm not really a professional forum picture poster, working 8 hours a day, with no other things that I must do. Yes, it's nice when photos are posted. Kudos to all who have the time, a nice modern computer, and the savvy to get it done.

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

See, I can post a photo, when it's really important;
Attachments
wrong.JPG
wrong.JPG (28.28 KiB) Viewed 707 times

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Post by brianu »

---
Last edited by brianu on Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

briankeith
Victor IV
Personal Text: Jeepster

Post by briankeith »

I use my smart phone.. but like Brandon says - if you use an Apple IPhone it seems to turn the photos sideways or upside down when you send them here, so I figured out if I turn my photos upside down in my phones image file, or sideways depending on the shot, and then post it here on the forum it comes out right side up (correctly) Go figure :roll:

OrthoFan
Victor V

Post by OrthoFan »

brianu wrote:all you have to do is save the image to your desktop, or wherever, then post it to the forum....
Since I began using Firefox several years ago, "save image as..." didn't appear in the menu when I right clicked an image. I just tried it now and for whatever reason, it was there! (Possibly a bug fix to an add-on?)

OrthoFan

soundgen
Victor V

Post by soundgen »

brianu wrote:seriously? all you have to do is save the image to your desktop, or wherever, then post it to the forum - it doesn't even require the dedication of a part-time professional forum picture poster, whatever that might be. and considering the number of ebay and obscure craigslist listings posted here on a daily basis, most by a lot of the same people, those people must have at least some time to spare despite the other things, as you say, that they must do. but whatever, like I said we're entitled to our opinions, feel free to encourage the continuing posting of threads containing nothing more than links with a highly limited shelf life, because that makes sense.
seriously Brianu if you're that bothered post the pictures yourself , you reckon it takes seconds , I am not bothered , but you should buy Briankeith a drink for posting the picture , I don't owe one though as I only posted the link as I thought it may interest members , I will continue to do so and each time I do look forward to you posting the pics :D

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

brianu wrote:seriously? all you have to do is save the image to your desktop, or wherever, then post it to the forum - it doesn't even require the dedication of a part-time professional forum picture poster, whatever that might be. and considering the number of ebay and obscure craigslist listings posted here on a daily basis, most by a lot of the same people, those people must have at least some time to spare despite the other things, as you say, that they must do. but whatever, like I said we're entitled to our opinions, feel free to encourage the continuing posting of threads containing nothing more than links with a highly limited shelf life, because that makes sense.

Seriously, take a deep breath. Wow.

soundgen
Victor V

Post by soundgen »

JerryVan wrote:

Seriously, take a deep breath. Wow.
:D :D :D :D