Berliner coinop on ebay.fr

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
phonodesbois
Victor II

Berliner coinop on ebay.fr

Post by phonodesbois »

Incomplete, modified but still a nice one...
(too bad, I'm not the seller and too bad, I will not buy it as too expensive for me!)
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/gramophone-phono ... 1431.l2649
Attachments
coinebay1.jpg

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Re: Berliner coinop on ebay.fr

Post by Curt A »

Basically, it is a case with a motor... the original Berliner traveling arm, crank, reproducer and horn are missing, along with the impossible to find coin-op mechanism...
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

I agree that Raphael's coin-op is a very nice, expensive machine... BUT the big difference is that it is complete. I'm not saying that you couldn't restore the one in France, but realistically when you look at a complete machine there are so many parts missing it would be an almost impossible project to undertake. AND you haven't seen the complex coin mechanism inside, which would be difficult if not impossible to find or have made.

OR, I guess you could just leave it as is and display it... It seems to have a commercially made brass plate covering the coin slot, so maybe it was re-made this way for some purpose...
Attachments
$_57-31.JPG
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Sidewinder
Victor III

Post by Sidewinder »

Curt A wrote: I'm not saying that you couldn't restore the one in France, but realistically when you look at a complete machine there are so many parts missing it would be an almost impossible project to undertake. AND you haven't seen the complex coin mechanism inside, which would be difficult if not impossible to find or have made.
Not to mention the many extra holes in the cabinet, especially the hand made brake that must affect both motor & rear of cabinet.