Ebay bidding

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
Raphael
Victor IV

Re: Ebay bidding

Post by Raphael »

HisMastersVoice wrote:Not sure why this older thread all of a sudden has replies that have nothing to do with the initial question... :?
As with many threads on this forum, one subject pivots towards another. Intellectual curiosity has a habit of doing that.

With respect to the Vic I, of course the price was crazy. BUT, that in no way should be accusatory against the seller, who in this case makes an astounding effort to properly picture, describe and stand by his items. If all eBay sellers would emulate him, it would be a wonderful place to do business. Don't fault him for doing his job better than any of us.

Raphael

Vinrage_mania
Victor II

Post by Vinrage_mania »

Cool and in very nice shape too

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

Raphael wrote:
HisMastersVoice wrote:Not sure why this older thread all of a sudden has replies that have nothing to do with the initial question... :?
As with many threads on this forum, one subject pivots towards another. Intellectual curiosity has a habit of doing that.

With respect to the Vic I, of course the price was crazy. BUT, that in no way should be accusatory against the seller, who in this case makes an astounding effort to properly picture, describe and stand by his items. If all eBay sellers would emulate him, it would be a wonderful place to do business. Don't fault him for doing his job better than any of us.

Raphael
I didn't see anyone faulting the seller. If he can get $4K for a Vic 1, more power to him, I say.

what I was saying was that it's possible that ANOTHER COMPETING seller with a similar machine could have used two of his "spare IDs" or gotten two friends to play around and make the price on Grant's seem impossibly high so that theirs looks like a screaming deal.

It happened to me more than once when I sold on eBay. I'm all jazzed about an incredible selling price and after it's over the two or three high bidders just go silent. Back then, things were more transparent so I was able to figure out who the butthead was.

Of course, eBay did nothing. No surprises there.

As to the "intellectual curiosity" part... is that a polite way of saying we all have... hey! Wanna ride bikes?
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

Vinrage_mania
Victor II

Post by Vinrage_mania »

Oww alll I wanted to know was what model AK was in the avaitar bad collector .....bye! Threads do wander

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

Vinrage_mania wrote:Oww alll I wanted to know was what model AK was in the avaitar bad collector .....bye! Threads do wander
:lol: :lol: :lol:

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

What I wanna know is how the Sam Hill a Victor 1 goes for four grand, but a Berliner goes for $1100 and a Vic III for $1700... all Grant's machines.

"Why ask why", I guess!