Pathé Adapter for Victor, Looks Unused, on ebay, not mine

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
Django
Victor IV

Pathé Adapter for Victor, Looks Unused, on ebay, not mine

Post by Django »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Phonograph-Vict ... 1438.l2649

This is a beautiful looking piece. The only thing that concerns me is the solder joint, but that too is probably original because I see no signs of heat. Very cool item anyway.
Attachments
PATHE3.jpg
Pathe2.jpg
Pathe1.jpg

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Re: Pathé Adapter for Victor, Looks Unused, on ebay, not min

Post by Phonofreak »

Not a bad starting price for something as rare as this. As you can see it has the original box, stylus, the little cap(they always get lost). Not to mention the original wadding. The condition is practically mint. I'm curious to see the final costs.
Harvey Kravitz

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

I have an NOS one in the box with the stylus cover. I also have an Edison diamond stylus for it. I have yet to use it, though.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Post by brianu »

Not sure why this post was deleted earlier, but this is that seller who's been discussed here before given how he routinely takes fine machines, some scarce or rare, and just parts them out on eBay... not the best of dealers to patronize.

Django
Victor IV

Post by Django »

brianu wrote:Not sure why this post was deleted earlier, but this is that seller who's been discussed here before given how he routinely takes fine machines, some scarce or rare, and just parts them out on eBay... not the best of dealers to patronize.

I don't know why it was deleted either. I was the poster and I did not delete it. I noticed that it was gone, so I re-posted it. I had wanted to begin a discussion based on your comment about parting out, but I could not find it.

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

Django wrote:
brianu wrote:Not sure why this post was deleted earlier, but this is that seller who's been discussed here before given how he routinely takes fine machines, some scarce or rare, and just parts them out on eBay... not the best of dealers to patronize.

I don't know why it was deleted either. I was the poster and I did not delete it. I noticed that it was gone, so I re-posted it. I had wanted to begin a discussion based on your comment about parting out, but I could not find it.
Because you didn’t post photos the first time as requested in the forum rules. Links without photos quickly become a useless waste of space once expired.

Django
Victor IV

Post by Django »

HisMastersVoice wrote:
Django wrote:

Because you didn’t post photos the first time as requested in the forum rules. Links without photos quickly become a useless waste of space once expired.
Is this a recently added rule?

briankeith
Victor IV
Personal Text: Jeepster

Post by briankeith »

brianu ...... I totally agree, this seller parts out many nice machines for some odd ball reason - $$$$$$$$$$$$

Django
Victor IV

Post by Django »

briankeith wrote:brianu ...... I totally agree, this seller parts out many nice machines for some odd ball reason - $$$$$$$$$$$$
Are we 100% sure that they part out complete machines? I have seen them part out the majority of a machine, but I don't recall a complete machine. I could be mistaken.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

Django wrote:
Are we 100% sure that they part out complete machines? I have seen them part out the majority of a machine, but I don't recall a complete machine. I could be mistaken.
Not too long ago he parted out a nice BG. I would have been happy to have that example in my own collection in the condition it was in. That BG survived for 110 years in nice condition until it was parted out.

George P.