Re: Orthophonic 8-60 on eBay

Post by JerryVan »

SOLD! $260.00 Anybody here get it??

Victrola-Monkey
Victor III

Post by Victrola-Monkey »

Jerry,

It was me and thank you very much for the tip. I don't know if folks zoomed in or not, but the cabinet is riddled with termite holes. The wood of this 8-60 is a total lost. If anyone wants the cabinet and horn for free, I can drop it off anywhere between Indian Trail, NC and Ft. Lauderdale FL. I have a beautiful VE 8-60 cabinet with horn that needs all the hardware and electronics. This is exactly why I buy empty and partial cabinets and machines. You wait long enough, you get lucky. Termites, errr, they are the demise of our wonderful phonographs and folks who store them outside their climate and pest controlled homes are usually the ones to blame. The worst thing I could do is bring this or any termite ridden phono into my home and take down it and my machines.

- Wayne

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

Victrola-Monkey wrote:Jerry,

It was me and thank you very much for the tip. I don't know if folks zoomed in or not, but the cabinet is riddled with termite holes. The wood of this 8-60 is a total lost. If anyone wants the cabinet and horn for free, I can drop it off anywhere between Indian Trail, NC and Ft. Lauderdale FL. I have a beautiful VE 8-60 cabinet with horn that needs all the hardware and electronics. This is exactly why I buy empty and partial cabinets and machines. You wait long enough, you get lucky. Termites, errr, they are the demise of our wonderful phonographs and folks who store them outside their climate and pest controlled homes are usually the ones to blame. The worst thing I could do is bring this or any termite ridden phono into my home and take down it and my machines.

- Wayne

Wayne,

Very happy for you. Glad to help! I also have an 8-60. It looks identical in condition to the one you just bought, but has all it's parts, with no pot metal damage. And hopefully, no termites! Didn't notice that in the photos by the way. Good eye! Definitely keep us updated on your project/progress. It will encourage me to restore mine!