columbia grafanola regent junior erie, pa

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
travisgreyfox
Victor IV

columbia grafanola regent junior erie, pa

Post by travisgreyfox »

At $500 it seems a bit steep, but a nice machine with 100 records.

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/atq/d ... 18376.html
Attachments
00000_lBdo5eh57n6_1200x900.jpg
00000_lBdo5eh57n6_1200x900.jpg (28.27 KiB) Viewed 2583 times

Django
Victor IV

Re: columbia grafanola regent junior erie, pa

Post by Django »

If that is the original finish and looks as good in person as it does in the ad, I think the price is good.

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Post by brianu »

Why would 500 seem a bit steep? Have dirt cheap auction and flea market prices become the baseline for valuation at this point, even for uncommon earlier things like this?

briankeith
Victor IV
Personal Text: Jeepster

Post by briankeith »

I agree Brianu - It's a very good price if the finish is all original :roll:

travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Post by travisgreyfox »

For me it does. I'm a collector of Eastern-Front related WW2 stuff and now phonographs. Part of the fun of collecting (for me) is finding stuff at a great deal. Every single Russian rifle I own I found "in the wild" at cheap prices. The same can be said for my phonos. If I drove 4 hours to pick up this machine it puts me right into the "retail price" category. I would still like it, but wont get the same "feel good" endorphins released in my brain :)

That's just me though.

melvind
Victor IV

Post by melvind »

For me it really depends on what it is. If there is a really great machine (or any item) I want for my permanent collection I would pay a reasonable retail price for it. I have done this many times. You can never go wrong with quality. But, I agree that finding things in the wild is a big rush. But mint condition things rarely come that way in my experience.

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Post by brianu »

I get it, but there's a difference between the more objective general value estimates and the highly subjective what I'm willing to pay price, and it seems that a lot of people here (at least as buyers - definitely not when selling) seem to base their opinions of a given machine's worth on the latter approach.

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

I think it is a very good price. This is the early version with the doors, not the louvers. The Grafonola machines with doors were made for about a year, before Victor brought the lawsuit for patent infringement.The finish looks original to me. The grill is in great shape as the decal. It's not dirt cheap, but not over priced, either.
Harvey Kravitz

redson68
Victor Jr

Post by redson68 »

Thanks for posting this gem in this section!! I managed to pick this up for $375 including the records. I gotta spend $135 to ship it to Denver, but overall, a great score! I now have almost all of the Columbia furniture phonographs (round table, baby Regent, Junior Regent and a non named sofa table that is electric which is not in any of the catalogs). If anyone knows of others (except the Regent which is too darn big) please let me know or send some pics!!

Thanks,
GSS

Django
Victor IV

Post by Django »

redson68 wrote:Thanks for posting this gem in this section!! I managed to pick this up for $375 including the records. I gotta spend $135 to ship it to Denver, but overall, a great score! I now have almost all of the Columbia furniture phonographs (round table, baby Regent, Junior Regent and a non named sofa table that is electric which is not in any of the catalogs). If anyone knows of others (except the Regent which is too darn big) please let me know or send some pics!!

Thanks,
GSS
Was the finish original? It looks like a nice machine.