Edisonic Beethoven for $32 on FB Marketplace!

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
melvind
Victor IV

Re: Edisonic Beethoven for $32 on FB Marketplace!

Post by melvind »

a pic...

GregVTLA
Victor III
Personal Text: Greg

Post by GregVTLA »

I think it's worth saving, especially considering how rare this machine is. Don't give up just yet!

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

How about the records...? They looked like they could be interesting and maybe worth the asking price... If you get a chance, post titles of what you got...
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

colmike1
Victor III

Post by colmike1 »

Will do. Most of the paper label diamond discs have lost their labels. May be some hope in the 78s. Will be back home Monday and hopefully post pics and details but Tuesday.

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

colmike1 wrote:Picked it up today. It is pretty sad. No horn or grill, wrong knobs, bad stylus on a standard DR reproducer. Parts donor at best. Will post pictures when I get it back home. If anyone is looking for parts, just let me know.
Would you please add your Beethoven's information to my ongoing research questionnaire in this link: http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... =2&t=24028.

In my humble opinion, I think it looks as if it would certainly be a worthy candidate for restoration, and given the rarity I would urge you to either do that, or at least offer it up to someone else instead of parting it out. In the original Marketplace listing it looks mostly complete except for the horn, and door pulls.

Thank you,
Fran
Last edited by fran604g on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

fran604g
Victor VI

Post by fran604g »

DGPros wrote:Looks like quite the project but you can't beat the price. Good Luck with it and keep us informed on your progress. I believe that makes 21 known Beethoven's? :coffee:
I must have missed 1; I only have 20 documented (including this one).

-Fran
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

DGPros
Victor III
Personal Text: Gary

Post by DGPros »

fran604g wrote:
DGPros wrote:Looks like quite the project but you can't beat the price. Good Luck with it and keep us informed on your progress. I believe that makes 21 known Beethoven's? :coffee:
I must have missed 1; I only have 20 documented (including this one).

-Fran
Thanks I was asking for verification on the #.
In short, is not liberty the freedom of every person to make full use of his faculties, so long as he does not harm other persons while doing so?
Frederic Bastiat

colmike1
Victor III

Post by colmike1 »

I will be adding it to the listing. I am the proud owner of Ralph Pugh's Schubert and do respect the rarity of this phono. That's why we drove 6 ½ hours to rescue it.

fran604g
Victor VI

Post by fran604g »

colmike1 wrote:I will be adding it to the listing. I am the proud owner of Ralph Pugh's Schubert and do respect the rarity of this phono. That's why we drove 6 ½ hours to rescue it.
That's great to hear! I'm excited for you taking on this worthy project.

Best,
Fran

colmike1
Victor III

Post by colmike1 »

Here are pics of the Edisonic Beethoven. As you can see, it has lived a very hard life. It is missing it's horn & neck, it's grill, one set of door hinges, both knobs and one set of lid hinges. The rear hinge board is broken, one lid has a chunk out of it, it has lost it's veneer on the crank side and the rear veneer has moisture damage. Although I am glad we were able to rescue this piece, I realize I am not the one to restore it. If anyone is interested in it to restore, please let me know. I can store it as long as you need and can deliver to Union in June.
Attachments
Lid Top
Lid Top
Lid Damage
Lid Damage
Front
Front
Motorboard
Motorboard
No Veneer
No Veneer
Hinge Board