What is this and is it priced right?

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
audiophile102
Victor IV
Personal Text: Say to yourself I am so happy hurray!

What is this and is it priced right?

Post by audiophile102 »

Looking through Craig's list Chicago and I found this, but I don't know if it's worth driving out to Geneva.
https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/atd/ ... 65382.html
Craigs List.JPG
"You can't take the phonographs nor the money with you, but the contentment the phonographs bring may well make your life better, and happier lives make the world a better place."

OrthoSean
Victor V

Re: What is this and is it priced right?

Post by OrthoSean »

It's a VV-210. For $45, it's cheap enough. I like how it says it's missing a crank yet I can see it there! Nice little machines, not anything scarce or particularly valuable, but it's certainly not a lot of money. It does look like it may have been refinished, but that could just be the photo.

Sean

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Post by brianu »

Could also be walnut, which adds some value, but it’s hard to tell from that photo.

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

For a new collector, that would be a good entry level machine. Especially at this price.
Harvey Kravitz

estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Post by estott »

OrthoSean wrote:It's a VV-210. For $45, it's cheap enough. I like how it says it's missing a crank yet I can see it there! Nice little machines, not anything scarce or particularly valuable, but it's certainly not a lot of money. It does look like it may have been refinished, but that could just be the photo.

Sean
He doesn't say the crank is missing, just that the mechanical bits and crank appear to need work- and that the needle is missing. SO- it could be anything from a broken motor to the crank not being threaded into it properly.