Columbia Record Cabinet by Salter in Anderson, IN

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Columbia Record Cabinet by Salter in Anderson, IN

Post by JerryVan »

Looks nice enough. It's a "recorded holder". (Don't people take English classes anymore? Oh well...)

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... =undefined
salter.jpg

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Re: Columbia Record Cabinet by Salter in Anderson, IN

Post by Curt A »

(Don't people take English classes anymore? Oh well...)

After looking at thousands of posts, ads, ebay listings, etc. it's obvious to me that the answer is "NO"...

My recent favorite was a website for a well known auto parts supplier. They had a section titled "Break Parts"... :lol:
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Re: Columbia Record Cabinet by Salter in Anderson, IN

Post by JerryVan »

Curt A wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:18 pm (Don't people take English classes anymore? Oh well...)

After looking at thousands of posts, ads, ebay listings, etc. it's obvious to me that the answer is "NO"...

My recent favorite was a website for a well known auto parts supplier. They had a section titled "Break Parts"... :lol:
Agreed Curt. I participate in a Model T Ford forum also. The "break" thing pops up there too. Phonographically speaking, "Victoria" seems to be a new favorite. If the person didn't actually have the phonograph, with the name "Victrola" clearly spelled and displayed, I could almost forgive them. :roll:

Anyway, gonna go grab some brakefast! ( ;) )