Modern Gramophones and Eletrical Reproducers P Wilson

Post by soundgen »

Modern Gramophones and Eletrical Reproducers P Wilson & G W WEBB EMG INTEREST

https://www.ebid.net/uk/for-sale/modern ... 408245.htm
Attachments
edison bell 1115.jpg

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Re: Modern Gramophones and Eletrical Reproducers P Wilson

Post by epigramophone »

I already have all three books, but what is ebid and what are it's advantages over eBay?

soundgen
Victor VI

Post by soundgen »

EBID is an auction site just like EBAY the difference is my Ebay fees are now 16% :roll: Partly because they "STEAL" 10% of the postage which really adds up if like me you send a lot of stuff overseas , You can list on EBID with no fees , no listing fees and no final value fees ,by paying a one off membership fee ,Unfortunately at the moment there aren't many buyers on EBID but I have sold some items and it is OK when selling to an audience such as TMF However If everyone migrated to EBID we could all benefit , if I put these books on Ebay I would have to set the BINP 16% higher to get the same net amount

soundgen
Victor VI

Post by soundgen »

Incidentally there are 2 copies of this on AMAZON

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Modern-Gramoph ... B000S1DT2W

And you can read it online at

https://archive.org/stream/ModernGramop ... 9_djvu.txt

Not the same as a book in your hand

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

soundgen wrote:EBID is an auction site just like EBAY the difference is my Ebay fees are now 16% :roll: Partly because they "STEAL" 10% of the postage which really adds up if like me you send a lot of stuff overseas , You can list on EBID with no fees , no listing fees and no final value fees ,by paying a one off membership fee ,Unfortunately at the moment there aren't many buyers on EBID but I have sold some items and it is OK when selling to an audience such as TMF However If everyone migrated to EBID we could all benefit , if I put these books on Ebay I would have to set the BINP 16% higher to get the same net amount
It is about time that eBay faced some serious competition in the UK, where Craigslist has never really taken hold, so I wish EBID every success and will certainly consider joining. I hope they will treat their sellers with more respect than eBay has done. Apart from their indefensible imposition of fees on postage charges, eBay shows a worrying tendency to side with the buyer right or wrong, yet it is the seller who pays their fees.

How long before eBay starts charging a Buyer's Premium? I wouldn't put it past them.

soundgen
Victor VI

Post by soundgen »

epigramophone wrote:
soundgen wrote:EBID is an auction site just like EBAY the difference is my Ebay fees are now 16% :roll: Partly because they "STEAL" 10% of the postage which really adds up if like me you send a lot of stuff overseas , You can list on EBID with no fees , no listing fees and no final value fees ,by paying a one off membership fee ,Unfortunately at the moment there aren't many buyers on EBID but I have sold some items and it is OK when selling to an audience such as TMF However If everyone migrated to EBID we could all benefit , if I put these books on Ebay I would have to set the BINP 16% higher to get the same net amount
It is about time that eBay faced some serious competition in the UK, where Craigslist has never really taken hold, so I wish EBID every success and will certainly consider joining. I hope they will treat their sellers with more respect than eBay has done. Apart from their indefensible imposition of fees on postage charges, eBay shows a worrying tendency to side with the buyer right or wrong, yet it is the seller who pays their fees.

How long before eBay starts charging a Buyer's Premium? I wouldn't put it past them.
Unfortunately though EBID has been around for over 11 years without impinging on Ebay's "monopoly" unless people join sell and bid they will never get anywhere