Good project if you live in NJ...

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Re: Good project if you live in NJ...

Post by brianu »

colmike1 wrote:When I was looking at it it had a minimum bid of 175, but not a Buy It Now. It also had the best offer option, so I sent in my offer. Just a squirrely listing that just didn't make a whole heck of a lot of sense.
Strange, is that new? I’ve never seen a standard auction with a best offer option but no buy it now.

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

brianu wrote:
colmike1 wrote:When I was looking at it it had a minimum bid of 175, but not a Buy It Now. It also had the best offer option, so I sent in my offer. Just a squirrely listing that just didn't make a whole heck of a lot of sense.
Strange, is that new? I’ve never seen a standard auction with a best offer option but no buy it now.
There’s no such thing. The seller probably changed it to BIN so someone could buy it immediately.

Hailey
Victor III

Post by Hailey »

Simply go to Union, or Stanton's...that way you don't have to put up with the horse s%*t that comes with ePlay.

soundgen
Victor V

Post by soundgen »

HisMastersVoice wrote:
brianu wrote:
There’s no such thing. The seller probably changed it to BIN so someone could buy it immediately.
Definitely had a make a bid of $175 and a Best Offer button , BUT as you say you can't do this so how was it done ? I often list items with a bid start and a BIN and would also like a Best offer button but it can't be done

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

soundgen wrote:
Definitely had a make a bid of $175 and a Best Offer button , BUT as you say you can't do this so how was it done ? I often list items with a bid start and a BIN and would also like a Best offer button but it can't be done
eBay has a new policy of sticking "best offer" on items that they feel have been available with no action too long. They started off sticking it on auctions, too, after about 3 days with no bids, but then reports of them doing that fell off over the holiday period.

eBay never met a bad idea they'd give up on, though, so it's quite possible that this little "feature" is back.

By the way, they modified their user agreement to allow themselves to do this with no input from the actual owner of the inventory.

It wouldn't surprise me if that's what happened here.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

studebakerphonos
Victor II
Personal Text: Skilled Craftsman produce radio cabinets at RCA Victor in Camden, N.J.

Post by studebakerphonos »

I just listed several dishwaher parts.

All Buy it Now or Best Offer.

Apparently I missed one and only made Buy it now.......

Ebay sent me this message:" We’ve allowed buyers to make offers on 1 of your items...Your item has been listed for more than a week, but views are low compared to other similar listings. The price may be too high. Letting buyers make offers will increase your chance of selling."

I was floored!!!

HisMastersVoice wrote:
gramophone-georg wrote:This seems to be the latest rip eBay is on. In fact, if your item is up for as little as a week eBay will sometimes jump in and stick a "best offer feature" on it for you- unannounced, which is angering a lot of sellers because they aren't informed that eBay did that and they think people are being bottomfeeders.
I've not heard of this, have you personally had this happen? As an active eBay seller I've never had this happen in my 18 years of using it.

Don't get me wrong, eBay does plenty of things that I could rant about. Like charging final value fees on shipping money now (though we can blame the people who charge $40 to ship a "$1" item for that.)

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

studebakerphonos wrote:I just listed several dishwaher parts.

All Buy it Now or Best Offer.

Apparently I missed one and only made Buy it now.......

Ebay sent me this message:" We’ve allowed buyers to make offers on 1 of your items...Your item has been listed for more than a week, but views are low compared to other similar listings. The price may be too high. Letting buyers make offers will increase your chance of selling."

I was floored!!!

HisMastersVoice wrote:
gramophone-georg wrote:This seems to be the latest rip eBay is on. In fact, if your item is up for as little as a week eBay will sometimes jump in and stick a "best offer feature" on it for you- unannounced, which is angering a lot of sellers because they aren't informed that eBay did that and they think people are being bottomfeeders.
I've not heard of this, have you personally had this happen? As an active eBay seller I've never had this happen in my 18 years of using it.

Don't get me wrong, eBay does plenty of things that I could rant about. Like charging final value fees on shipping money now (though we can blame the people who charge $40 to ship a "$1" item for that.)
I just saw several auctions with "Best Offer" attached. It appears eBay is doubling down on this latest lunacy, and these ARE getting added without sellers being consulted.

I've never seen such arrogant incompetence.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek