VTLA with Original Record Storage Boxes - L.A. Goodwill

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
CDBPDX
Victor V
Personal Text: A Hobbyist Specializing in Sales and Repair of Spring Motor Phonographs

Re: VTLA with Original Record Storage Boxes - L.A. Goodwill

Post by CDBPDX »

I ended up winning the VTLA, though I won't get to see it until August. A helpful phonograph collector near Los Angeles has graciously offered to pick it up for me and keep it until I could get transportation for it in August from another helpful phonograph collector. What a nice bunch of people! Many Thanks!

Now I have to be patient....
Cliff's Vintage Music Shoppe, Castle Rock, WA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIz_IpaVrW8

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

Congratulations, Cliff - that was well worth picking up. :)

George P.

CDBPDX
Victor V
Personal Text: A Hobbyist Specializing in Sales and Repair of Spring Motor Phonographs

Post by CDBPDX »

OBOY! The phonograph show is this weekend! Jerry B. is bringing my VTLA home with him and I'll pick it up Tuesday! 6 months waiting, almost over. YeeHaa!

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

Just returned to the motel from the APS banquet. As I write this, Cliff's VTLA is tucked into the front left corner of my cargo trailer. It will start its journey north to Cliff in Castle Rock, WA.

Jerry Blais

(Sorry no photos from me... A sale like this is incredibly busy for me. I delivered several items to new owners at the sale. I brought about a dozen machines to sell. I unloaded my trailer during the frenzy of the parking lot action. Before the doors opened a 10am I sold two Triumphs, a Columbia BN, an Amberola 50, a Victor Junior, and a Victrola VI. Besides machines I sold a paper mâché 11" Nipper, a trademark mirror, and several dozen cylinders. I was in and out of the trailer a dozen times. I loaded a Credenza and huge Viva-tonal that will be delivered to George in Springfield, OR. I Had a really good day and sold quite well but I also worked really hard,)

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

Jerry B. wrote:Just returned to the motel from the APS banquet. As I write this, Cliff's VTLA is tucked into the front left corner of my cargo trailer. It will start its journey north to Cliff in Castle Rock, WA.

Jerry Blais

(Sorry no photos from me... A sale like this is incredibly busy for me. I delivered several items to new owners at the sale. I brought about a dozen machines to sell. I unloaded my trailer during the frenzy of the parking lot action. Before the doors opened a 10am I sold two Triumphs, a Columbia BN, an Amberola 50, a Victor Junior, and a Victrola VI. Besides machines I sold a paper mâché 11" Nipper, a trademark mirror, and several dozen cylinders. I was in and out of the trailer a dozen times. I loaded a Credenza and huge Viva-tonal that will be delivered to George in Springfield, OR. I Had a really good day and sold quite well but I also worked really hard,)
What... you can't multitask? :?

;)

PS: i feel like it's the day before Christmas Eve... :D Thank you, Jerry!
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

CDBPDX
Victor V

Post by CDBPDX »

gramophone-georg wrote:i feel like it's the day before Christmas Eve... :D Thank you, Jerry!
Ditto!! Thanks, Jerry & Jim C!