Berliner and Zonophone Records in Period Storage Case

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
dennis
Victor I

Berliner and Zonophone Records in Period Storage Case

Post by dennis »

Sorry. I’m stupid and don’t know how to post a pic. Would someone do that for me so this post won’t get deleted? Thanks.

I’ve never seen such a good collection of early discs in one auction listing. Not mine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/30-E-Berliner- ... Sw~o5aizfs

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Re: Berliner and Zonophone Records in Period Storage Case

Post by gramophone-georg »

dennis wrote:Sorry. I’m stupid and don’t know how to post a pic. Would someone do that for me so this post won’t get deleted? Thanks.

I’ve never seen such a good collection of early discs in one auction listing. Not mine.

Holy Toledo. :o

Don't feel badly- I've never been able to crack the code on getting eBay or CL pics to post here, either.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

melvind
Victor IV

Post by melvind »

Here are all the pics from this listing. I'm drooling a bit...

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

Welcome to the club. Thank goodness for the computer savy members of this Forum, to help out us analog dinosaurs. :lol: :clover: :rose:
Harvey Kravitz

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

Phonofreak wrote:Welcome to the club. Thank goodness for the computer savy members of this Forum, to help out us analog dinosaurs. :lol: :clover: :rose:
Harvey Kravitz
For reals, right? :lol: Dan saves the day again.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

gramophone-georg wrote:
dennis wrote:Sorry. I’m stupid and don’t know how to post a pic. Would someone do that for me so this post won’t get deleted? Thanks.

Don't feel badly- I've never been able to crack the code on getting eBay or CL pics to post here, either.

Do a search for "Microsoft Snipping Tool" and download it, (from a reputable source), and you'll be able to take screen shots that can be posted here. Fast & easy!!

thatonejohn
Victor I

Post by thatonejohn »

JerryVan wrote:
gramophone-georg wrote:

Do a search for "Microsoft Snipping Tool" and download it, (from a reputable source), and you'll be able to take screen shots that can be posted here. Fast & easy!!
The Snipping Tool has been included with most versions of Windows since Vista, most likely no need to go download a separate program.

Judging by the filenames, the images were saved directly from eBay, no snipping tool required. Trick to do it on eBay is to click the picture to get the large picture, then right click the image and select "Save image as". Then you're able to select where you want it saved and the name you want to give the image. Ebay likes to name their files the same by default, so you may have to add (1) (2) (3), etc after the image name to prevent overwriting.

FellowCollector
Victor IV

Post by FellowCollector »

Sold for $3210. I didn't see anything really special in the Berliner records although there were some interesting titles. I would have liked "Talk On Stealing" by George Graham. Any of his Berliners are hard to find. "Laughing Song" by George W. Johnson is always nice to find on Berliner as well. The record cabinet was nice in spite of missing the handle. The seller I'm sure is doing cartwheels around the living room about now as he probably thought this might realize several hundred. Good for him. :)

Doug

78recordpicker
Victor I

Post by 78recordpicker »

i was also wondering which ones pulled the bids to average over 100 each. Unless the case is worth more than I thought also

thatonejohn
Victor I

Post by thatonejohn »

78recordpicker wrote:i was also wondering which ones pulled the bids to average over 100 each. Unless the case is worth more than I thought also
I think it landed in the correct ballpark, the case looks to be one that was manufactured by Eldridge Johnson and is worth a decent amount on its own.