Two Edison radios on Ebay

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Two Edison radios on Ebay

Post by marcapra »

There are two Edison radios on Ebay right now. One is a 1930 R-6 and the other is a 1929 R-4. Not mine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/no-1-Thomas-Ed ... 0005.m1851

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Re: Two Edison radios on Ebay

Post by fran604g »

I've been watching them. If they were just a little closer, they'd already be here. I just can't do a nine or ten hour round trip. :(
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

jukejunkie
Victor I

Post by jukejunkie »

As an owner of an R-6 and a couple other Edison radios and radio/phonographs, go for the R-6. The sound of that model of Splitdorf receiver is superior and even has a tone control. I read somewhere that model is the only radio on display in the Edison museum in West Orange NJ.

Kurt M
Tacoma WA

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

I also own an R-6 and he is right. The 1930 sets are quite good. I also own a cherry R-7. My R-6 was so nice when I bought it that it didn't even need to be rebuilt! I've even parked my Edison 1928 C-2 up close to the R-6 and plugged the phono jacks from the C-2 into the R-6 radio and it plays Edison records great! I have owned several 1929 Edison radios including the C-4 radio/phono, the R5, and the R4, but had to sell them for space considerations. It seems the rarest Edison radios to find are the 1928 models, the R-1, and R-2. I have heard that C-2 restorers have sometimes bought up these R-1's and 2's in order to pull the chassis out so they can be used to restore a C-2's.

victor 15-1
Victor I
Personal Text: to own an electrola is a blessing

Post by victor 15-1 »

jukejunkie wrote:As an owner of an R-6 and a couple other Edison radios and radio/phonographs, go for the R-6. The sound of that model of Splitdorf receiver is superior and even has a tone control. I read somewhere that model is the only radio on display in the Edison museum in West Orange NJ.

Kurt M
Tacoma WA
They actually have a C-1 which I restored for them back in 1981