Roger Merenkov's Brooks Repeater

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
audiophile102
Victor IV
Personal Text: Say to yourself I am so happy hurray!

Roger Merenkov's Brooks Repeater

Post by audiophile102 »

My friend Roger Merenkov is selling his Brooks Repeater phonograph at the Donley Auction this Saturday and I wanted to highlight it, because it's a special machine. Brooks repeater's will occasionally turn up, but typically the repeating mechanism doesn't function. They are usually found with broken or missing parts and the cabinets are quite plain and unattractive. Roger's Brooks is superior, because it's large, top of the line and in oak with beautiful carvings and in exceptional condition. All the original parts are there and it works! It's been in Rogers collection for nearly 30 years and I have seen it when ever I've had the chance to visit his home. It's cool to watch it play and repeat. The Antique Phonograph Society published a great article last year about the Brooks repeater. Click on the pictures for larger images. Here is a link for the auction with more pictures of the Brooks Repeater.
https://www.proxibid.com/asp/catalog.as ... 100&sort=0
I just noticed that he's also selling original operating instructions for the Brooks repeater in a separate lot.
Brooks Repeater 01.jpg
Brooks Repeater 02.jpg
Brooks Repeater 03.jpg
"You can't take the phonographs nor the money with you, but the contentment the phonographs bring may well make your life better, and happier lives make the world a better place."