Victor Electrola 918D

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Re: Victor Electrola 918D

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Looks like a thousand bucks! You owe the Forum a video of it playing!

Great find and great-looking cabinet.

victor 15-1
Victor I
Personal Text: to own an electrola is a blessing

Post by victor 15-1 »

VanEpsFan1914 wrote:Looks like a thousand bucks! You owe the Forum a video of it playing!

Great find and great-looking cabinet.
Thank you all for the kind words..I should really kick myself for not joining this group sooner.
My other passion is Monitor top refrigerators,a whole other technology I had to learn!

Garrett

Vinrage_mania
Victor II

Post by Vinrage_mania »

Garrett they will be Frankie Carle :o

Vinrage_mania
Victor II

Post by Vinrage_mania »

rvwenger wrote:I probably speak for a lot of us when I say congrats and could we see the detailed process when you restore this. Lots of pictures of what your doing. I know I would find it very interesting. Most of us will never have a chance at a unit like this and it would be great to see it come back to life in detail. Again, congats on this. It's nice when fellow members can help each other.

the 9-16 and 18 have such nice looking cabinets,and do not dominate the room like the 9-54
does ,but no changer though ....even though I will not put really clean records in her ;)

victor 15-1
Victor I

Post by victor 15-1 »

Vinrage_mania wrote:
rvwenger wrote:I probably speak for a lot of us when I say congrats and could we see the detailed process when you restore this. Lots of pictures of what your doing. I know I would find it very interesting. Most of us will never have a chance at a unit like this and it would be great to see it come back to life in detail. Again, congats on this. It's nice when fellow members can help each other.

the 9-16 and 18 have such nice looking cabinets,and do not dominate the room like the 9-54
does ,but no changer though ....even though I will not put really clean records in her ;)
You know,I actually prefer the single play machines for My George Olsens and Herman kenins and Nat Shilkrets because I just do not like the sound of the tungstone stylus.

victor 15-1
Victor I

Post by victor 15-1 »

Vinrage_mania wrote:Garrett they will be Frankie Carle :o
NO,the black and yellow MGM or 1940s Sonoras Blue Danube Waltz!

victor 15-1
Victor I

Post by victor 15-1 »

victor 15-1 wrote:
Vinrage_mania wrote:Garrett they will be Frankie Carle :o
NO,the black and yellow MGM or 1940s Sonoras Blue Danube Waltz!
(I just KNOW someone is is going to be offended)

RolandVV-360
Victor II
Personal Text: The Finest Gift of All!

Post by RolandVV-360 »

victor 15-1 wrote:
RolandVV-360 wrote:Only an hour and a half away from me. I would've jumped on it if I'd seen it earlier. Good luck to you, my friend.

(P.S. if you want to stop by in Charlottesville and let me have those filthy records, I would happily take them off your hands. :lol: :lol: :lol:)
How much you want to bet they are all red Columbia Harry James ! (I hope there are no Harry James collectors offended by that statement)
No, around here there's usually good stuff. I pick listings and junk stores across VA and never come home disappointed.
PHONOGRAPH, n. An irritating toy that restores life to dead noises. -Ambrose Bierce

-Roland

victor 15-1
Victor I

Post by victor 15-1 »

RolandVV-360 wrote:
victor 15-1 wrote:
RolandVV-360 wrote:Only an hour and a half away from me. I would've jumped on it if I'd seen it earlier. Good luck to you, my friend.

(P.S. if you want to stop by in Charlottesville and let me have those filthy records, I would happily take them off your hands. :lol: :lol: :lol:)
How much you want to bet they are all red Columbia Harry James ! (I hope there are no Harry James collectors offended by that statement)
No, around here there's usually good stuff. I pick listings and junk stores across VA and never come home disappointed.
I hope the original owner liked Jazz and dance bands !