SOLD! : Early Mahogany A-250 with Louvers - $350

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

SOLD! : Early Mahogany A-250 with Louvers - $350

Post by Jerry B. »

Today I looked at a very early Edison A-250 Diamond Disc. I was serial number 2xxx and had the very desirable louvers on the sides. It is for sale in Sweet Home, Oregon in a very modest house. There were no operating lights in the living room so my inspection was done with a flashlight so no photos. I saw a very complete machine in mahogany with both the Edison DD reproducer and an adaptor for playing 78s. The finish appears OK but needs a good cleaning and maybe a bit of color. The grill did not appear to be damaged. The lid support needs some help as does the start/stop levers. The motor ran quietly. I tried to play a DD record to test the reproducer but the floor was tilted and the reproducer wanted to skid across the record so I abandoned that test. It is well worth the $350 asking price and includes a box of Edison records (which may have been played under the steel needle of the adaptor), and both reproducers. It still has the red label next to the turntable.

This historic machine has tons of potential and I would love to see it go to a good home. If it interests you please send me a PM and I'll forward to sellers phone number. It would be possible for me to pick up the machine and deliver it to Union or APS

Jerry Blais