Kanbe-Crystaloa

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
dutchman
Victor IV

Kanbe-Crystaloa

Post by dutchman »

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva ... 32267.html

Nice little off brand. I would buy this if I had any room for it :( Have a good weekend. Bill K
        Attachments
        01616_jQdKsI9jAh7_1200x900.jpg
        00S0S_6eK56VaZnRN_600x450.jpg
        00S0S_6eK56VaZnRN_600x450.jpg (19.06 KiB) Viewed 1634 times
        00S0S_6eK56VaZnRN_600x450.jpg
        00S0S_6eK56VaZnRN_600x450.jpg (19.06 KiB) Viewed 1634 times
        00202_d00mubI5PSp_600x450.jpg
        00202_d00mubI5PSp_600x450.jpg (14.39 KiB) Viewed 1634 times
        00Y0Y_7JGMjJiLdwG_600x450.jpg
        00Y0Y_7JGMjJiLdwG_600x450.jpg (17.77 KiB) Viewed 1634 times

Phonofreak
        Victor VI

Re: Kanbe-Crystaloa

Post by Phonofreak »

If this is the machine with the glass/mirror horn, then someone should grab it. When you look at the horn and reflections, it really stands out. It makes an otherwise ho-hum machine into a real dandy.
        Harvey Kravitz

Jerry B.
        Victor Monarch Special
        Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

If this is the machine with the glass/mirror horn, then someone should grab it.
        Harvey, you are the "someone" cause it's in Western Washington. Go for it! If you can see the floor you've got room for more! Jerry

Phonofreak
        Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

Wrong Washington, Jerry. It's in DC!!!! :lol: Wish I had the room if it was in the "correct" Washington!!! :lol:
        Harvey Kravitz
        Jerry B. wrote:
        Harvey, you are the "someone" cause it's in Western Washington. Go for it! If you can see the floor you've got room for more! Jerry

Jerry B.
        Victor Monarch Special
        Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

Woops! :oops: Wrong side of the country. Jerry

dutchman
        Victor IV

Post by dutchman »

Phonofreak wrote:Wrong Washington, Jerry. It's in DC!!!! :lol: Wish I had the room if it was in the "correct" Washington!!! :lol:
        Harvey Kravitz
        Jerry B. wrote:

I drove up to Vienna and took a look at this machine with the intention of buying it, very disappointed. :( Bill K

estott
        Victor Monarch
        Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Post by estott »

dutchman wrote:
        I drove up to Vienna and took a look at this machine with the intention of buying it, very disappointed. :( Bill K
        Why? Bad glass in the horn- or maybe completely replaced?

dutchman
        Victor IV

Post by dutchman »

estott wrote:
        dutchman wrote:
        Why? Bad glass in the horn- or maybe completely replaced?

Had a number of problems. The crank was gone and jury-rigged with a long piece of copper shaped into a crank. The owner said the horn was glass, which prompted me to make the trip in the first place. The horn was made of something I have never seen, it was glass but covered with a rough, black material which appeared factory. We tried to play a record but couldn't get the reproducer to swivel properly as the reproducer frame would drag on the record and bring it to a stop immediately. There was a bunch of paper under the platter the owner said the platter would not spin without it. The cabinet was decent but the glass knobs, missing trim convinced me it was not worth the effort. Besides I'm 78, good health, but looking at a long flight of stairs staring at my daughter and I, a machine which weighs a ton, and another flight of stairs waiting when we arrived home, and more importantly, the ringing echo of my wife's voice when we left and I mentioned that I may be adding to my collection "YOUR WHAT." Cheers Bill K
        Last edited by dutchman on Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phonofreak
        Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

The selling point of these machines is the glass or mirrored horn. other than that, a typical off brand machine. It would require a .lot of work to get this restored correctly. Most of the work is the pot metal. Good call staying away from this.
        Harvey Kravitz

dutchman
        Victor IV

Post by dutchman »

Phonofreak wrote:The selling point of these machines is the glass or mirrored horn. other than that, a typical off brand machine. It would require a .lot of work to get this restored correctly. Most of the work is the pot metal. Good call staying away from this.
        Harvey Kravitz
        I hear you. :D Thanks Bill K