All That I can say is OMG!!!!!

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
marco
Victor II

All That I can say is OMG!!!!!

Post by marco »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5700-Edison-Bl ... 663.l10137

Wow--what a great price received by the seller! What a terrific price paid by the buyer! No offense if you a member of the forum--This just blew my socks off. We still need recordings of these late tunes to be put onto reproduction blue amberols or repro diamond discs for the masses!

CarlosV
Victor IV

Re: All That I can say is OMG!!!!!

Post by CarlosV »

Dick Robertson was the voice of Jimminy Cricket. Millions of Pinocchio fans bidded for this one, lots of casualties in the process

estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Post by estott »

CarlosV wrote:Dick Robertson was the voice of Jimminy Cricket. Millions of Pinocchio fans bidded for this one, lots of casualties in the process
Didn't Cliff Edwards do that voice?

soundgen
Victor V

Post by soundgen »

estott wrote:
CarlosV wrote:Dick Robertson was the voice of Jimminy Cricket. Millions of Pinocchio fans bidded for this one, lots of casualties in the process
Yes according to Wikipedia

"Jiminy Cricket has been voiced in English by five different actors. He was originally performed by singer Cliff Edwards, who voiced the character for Disney through the 1960s and sang Jiminy's most famous song, "When You Wish Upon a Star". After Edwards' death, Clarence Nash[1][2] voiced him for a brief period of time, until 1973, when Eddie Carroll took over the role as Jiminy's voice actor. Carroll played the role for 37 years, until his death in 2010. Actor Phil Snyder next voiced Jiminy for the Kingdom Hearts video game series. In 2014 Snyder announced his retirement from voice acting to concentrate on his career teaching the Bible. Actor Joe Ochman took over the role at that time, beginning with Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix's Re:Coded movie;[5]. Ochman has been the voice of Jiminy since 2014. Raphael Sbarge voices Jiminy in Once Upon a Time where he also portrays him in human form as well. In the Italian dub of the Disney adaptation, Jiminy Cricket was voiced by Carlo Romano, who also dubbed for Fernandel in the Don Camillo series. In French he is voiced by Roger Carel, who is also the voice of Asterix and the French dub voices of Kaa from The Jungle Book and its sequel; Basil of Baker Street from The Great Mouse Detective; Winnie the Pooh; and Boomer the woodpecker from The Fox and the Hound. "

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

marco wrote:https://www.ebay.com/itm/5700-Edison-Bl ... 663.l10137

Wow--what a great price received by the seller! What a terrific price paid by the buyer! No offense if you a member of the forum--This just blew my socks off. We still need recordings of these late tunes to be put onto reproduction blue amberols or repro diamond discs for the masses!
5700 block titles are routinely $700 and up now.

At the end of production, Edison was pressing less than 100 copies of each Blue Amberol. In some cases as few as 20 copies were made. See Ron Dethlefson's "Edison Blue Amberol Recordings 1915-1929", pp. 414-415 for reproduction of the Edison factory's stock cards for several of the very late numbers.

CarlosV
Victor IV

Post by CarlosV »

estott wrote:
You're right, I just bought a bunch of records of both artists, ended up mixing up singers! Got Dick Robertson singing Take out to the Ball Game on a Decca in that pile, which makes me conclude with certainty that the baseball instead of Disney fans crowded to buy this Edison.

Gatyam
Victor I

Post by Gatyam »

I'm pretty sure that Charley Hummel did that voice originally.

Victrolacollector
Victor V

Post by Victrolacollector »

It would be nice to see these rare cylinders moulded and made into reproduction. Hopefully people will share these with Rob and Donnie and others making reproduction records on the forum.

These are the rare and sought after titles that should be preserved and are the ones that seem more appealing to modern listeners.

Victrolacollector
Victor V

Post by Victrolacollector »

marco wrote:https://www.ebay.com/itm/5700-Edison-Bl ... 663.l10137

Agreed!

donniej
Victor III

Post by donniej »

Victrolacollector wrote:It would be nice to see these rare cylinders moulded and made into reproduction. Hopefully people will share these with Rob and Donnie and others making reproduction records on the forum.
I'm working on a series of videos showing people how to copy discs without any special equipment and with minimal material costs. It's eay to assume that the same techniques would lend well to copying cylinders. Hopefully it will inspire others to make some of these rare recordings available...