Phonographs Columbia Graphophones horns original catalogue

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
poodling around
Victor V

Phonographs Columbia Graphophones horns original catalogue

Post by poodling around »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Brown-B ... SwDJNbq5AX

Oh, if I were a member of ebay this would be of interest I think.

It's a bit naughty maybe to mention it here on the gramophone forum but I find the (what I think are ?) early car horns captivating ! Amazing designs. I can almost hear them go 'poop poop' and 'hoot hoot' !

There are plenty of early gramophones in the catalogue as well though :)
Attachments
horns1.jpg
horns.jpg

Dulcetto
Victor II

Re: Phonographs Columbia Graphophones horns original catalog

Post by Dulcetto »

Although to the uninitiated eye this may appear to be an original catalogue from 110 years ago , I can assure anyone interested that it is a good quality copy that was done around 30 or more years ago. I have one myself and they periodically turn up in phonofairs or auction lots from deceased estates of a former collector. With around 30 years age now , the paper stock used has taken on a brownish / yellowy tint which again serves to fool the untrained eye. Give-away signs that these are copies are the type of paper , the ink colour and upon close inspection the lack of clarity in the images which is a result of the limited scanning process used at the time the reproductions were done. Also , original steel staples from 100 years ago rarely survive un-rusted , as the chemicals in the paper react with the metal to produce rust and partial disintegration. Nice catalogue for reference though ! Dulcetto