An 'Expert' Needle Sharpener (Maybe)

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
poodling around
Victor V

An 'Expert' Needle Sharpener (Maybe)

Post by poodling around »

It might be in the white top right hand box - although there is an HMV sound box in the blue box marked 'EM Ginn Expert' on the left hand side ?

No idea what the sharpener is in the 'Crocodile Skin' box - but it looks expensive in it's day maybe ?

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-us/auct ... cb01037c83
Attachments
expert.jpg

CarlosV
Victor IV

Re: An 'Expert' Needle Sharpener (Maybe)

Post by CarlosV »

The one in the crocodile box is a Meltrope sharpener. I have one of these, it is quite good and to me is better than the EMG (the EMG needs a spinning turntable to make it rotate). The Meltrope is not rare, every now and then there is one for sale in the English ebay. I am not familiar with the Expert sharpener, but from the photo it looks similar to other contemporary models, with a central axis and a rubber tire.

poodling around
Victor V

Re: An 'Expert' Needle Sharpener (Maybe)

Post by poodling around »

CarlosV wrote:The one in the crocodile box is a Meltrope sharpener. I have one of these, it is quite good and to me is better than the EMG (the EMG needs a spinning turntable to make it rotate). The Meltrope is not rare, every now and then there is one for sale in the English ebay. I am not familiar with the Expert sharpener, but from the photo it looks similar to other contemporary models, with a central axis and a rubber tire.
Very interesting. Thank you CarlosV.