$200 VV-111 on craigslist upstate NY

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
OrthoSean
Victor V

Re: $200 VV-111 on craigslist upstate NY

Post by OrthoSean »

Don't be so sure about that. There used to be a couple of great local auction houses in that area that held weekly auctions, each never held them at the same day or time, so I would go most weekends. There were phonographs and records almost every single time. I got to a point where I HAD to stop going basically because I filled up my storage with cheap phonos and lots of great records for nearly nothing...unless a certain bidder was there. This guy would randomly show up and compete with me. It got to the point that I would make him overpay for crap. Whenever he bought something, you can be sure it would be on eBay either the same day or the next. One particular occasion involved an Amberola III that was barn fresh but all there and certainly worthy, so I stayed and waited. I bought boxes of nice blue amberols in great shape for $5 per box, 50 or so per. The way the auctioneer worked was easy enough to figure out, so when he was on the opposite side of the barn, I thought I'd go grab a sandwich and come back. When I returned, it had sold. I paid for my stuff and asked the cashier what the machine sold for....drumroll...$150. I was upset to say the least. Guess who bought it and guess where it wound up? Ebay! I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is the same person. no matter, the duster is way overpriced at $200.

Sean

mick_vt
Victor I
Personal Text: Foxtrotaholic

Post by mick_vt »

Getting tempted to pick this up myself

mick_vt
Victor I
Personal Text: Foxtrotaholic

Post by mick_vt »

Came within an inch of getting this, I had to pass through the town where it was located a week or so ago - called the seller who told me "I'm not available today"... well it was the only day I *was* available and less than three hours away from him, so the sale did not happen. The listing came down early this week so I assume it is now gone (it was finally advertised at just $150)...

Hope somebody here got my "one that got away"

OrthoSean
Victor V

Post by OrthoSean »

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. I have enough projects and as I mentioned before the deal maker for me was the duster. The seller wasn't a very pleasant person both times I spoke with him and that's another immediate put off for me. I have enough projects waiting anyway....

Sean