Huge Stack of Record Players

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Huge Stack of Record Players

Post by travisgreyfox »

Someone is selling an entire collection of mostly suitcase phonos in Pittsburgh. It sure would be fun to go through all of these. Someone on the forum needs to go buy them and share their findings here!

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/clt/d ... 81710.html
Attachments
00R0R_fkH7LC5URN6_600x450.jpg
00R0R_fkH7LC5URN6_600x450.jpg (35.71 KiB) Viewed 1426 times
00B0B_8WAgUaKZQNs_600x450.jpg
00B0B_8WAgUaKZQNs_600x450.jpg (31.02 KiB) Viewed 1426 times

tomb
Victor IV

Re: Huge Stack of Record Players

Post by tomb »

That for the collector is one good buy. It is sure a mixed lot. I am sure if they were sold individually the value would triple. It looks like a few good ones are in the stack. There is possibly an RCA Victor Special in there. It makes me sad that I have a stack of portables and they are not worth that much. That was what I first started collecting years ago. I collected a lot of RCA portables and I was hoping the value would increase. Tom

78recordpicker
Victor I

Post by 78recordpicker »

it sure would be fun to go through, for 2 grand i hope though no one takes him up on the offer to "re purpose" them

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Post by AmberolaAndy »

Dang! That looks like my spare room! :lol: I wonder if they have one of those nice Pilot portables with the Garrard changer and GE cartridge?

travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Post by travisgreyfox »

The problem with selling a huge lot like this is that new collectors cant afford it or don't want that many. Those who have been collecting them for a long time and have the money don't have the room!

travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Post by travisgreyfox »

I just spotted a Cecilian Melophonic in there. Those are usually beautiful little portables.

Victrolacollector
Victor V

Post by Victrolacollector »

travisgreyfox wrote:The problem with selling a huge lot like this is that new collectors cant afford it or don't want that many. Those who have been collecting them for a long time and have the money don't have the room!
That’s the problem for me, lack of room. That looks like a nice group of portables. Even if some are in bad shape and past the point of rescue, I’m sure that the reproducers would be worth something... maybe a nice Orthophonic reproducer. Does anyone see a Edison Portable in there? I can’t tell.

EdiBrunsVic
Victor IV

Post by EdiBrunsVic »

Perhaps several forum members in the Pittsburgh area that are interested could go in on the deal together.