EDISON HOME $250 in NC

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
chrisg
Victor III

EDISON HOME $250 in NC

Post by chrisg »

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/clt/d/ca ... 13403.html

I think it is an Edison home. I cant tell. But 45 mins away. Yall get it so I dont have to. :D
Attachments
Screenshot_20190305-082254_Chrome.jpg

Stephen_Madara
Victor III
Personal Text: www.glassphonohorns.com

Re: EDISON HOME $250 in NC

Post by Stephen_Madara »

I think it might be a fireside. good price

cjstoessner
Victor O
Personal Text: James-Gail Co.

Post by cjstoessner »

That is pretty cool... maybe it will sell as quick as the Gem did the other week and we won't have to worry about it... (meaning the temptation will be gone, LOL)

FellowCollector
Victor IV

Post by FellowCollector »

Looks like an Edison Standard model C or an early Standard model D in the old style cabinet. The picture is not so good but the shorter cabinet molding, lack of an end gate and smaller size of the lid make me think it's a Standard C or early D in the old style cabinet.

Doug

Mormon S
Victor III
Personal Text:     Martin     "phono_fluff" on instagram

Post by Mormon S »

I have had a very strange and suspicious interaction with the seller. I contacted them very soon after it was posted. And they replied much later saying someone else is looking at it. Okay, obviously understandable. He/she said they would contact me later if it they didn't sell it.

Later that day I asked if it had sold and they said the following;
"Yes, he bought the roll player and the one that plays flat records I was going to advertise. He said it was a Victor 6 $750 total in my pocket . Pictures of the victrola below. Johansson W."

The picture the seller sent turned out not to be his. After some digging, the picture was sold on February 14th 2012 for $4000, and was archived below:

http://www.greatestcollectibles.com/vic ... rass-horn/

What could this mean? No clue, but it really puzzles me as to why the seller would tell me all of this after it sold, and then sent pictures that weren't his? The seller took the pictures from the website that clearly says it sold for $4000, so he must have seen how much it sold for.

Please tell me if I'm overthinking things.
Martin
Attachments
Screenshot_20190306-191727_Gmail.jpg

chrisg
Victor III

Post by chrisg »

Sound like he they found a photograph of a vicror Vi after learning what it was and learning its value. The phono was gone so they didn't have a picture of theirs. You would have to pay in cash in person so i dont see how it could be a scam. I saw an Edison A250 in the same town on craigslist. Maybe the same people? .
Now I hate i didnt go for it!