High-end Silvertone on CL, Southern NJ - $60

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
Cody K
Victor III

High-end Silvertone on CL, Southern NJ - $60

Post by Cody K »

Definitely a top-of-the-line Silvertone phono, possibly walnut (unless the finish is gone from mahogany?), this appears to have been sitting on Craigslist for nearly a month now. It's got a big problem -- it was gutted at some point and the innards replaced with electronics, BUT! -- the ad says the "original turntable" is included, which leads me to hope that means that the motor's been saved, too. Looking closely at how the light falls through the open grille, it does kind of look like the horn is there unmolested. The asking price seems dandy enough! Not mine, but if it were near me, I wouldn't even bother hesitating...

https://southjersey.craigslist.org/atq/ ... 29951.html
Attachments
Silvertone-1.jpg
Silvertone-2.jpg
Silvertone-3.jpg
Silvertone-Ad.png
"Gosh darn a Billiken anyhow."- Uncle Josh Weathersby

Benjamin_L
Victor III
Personal Text: Honk, honk.

Re: High-end Silvertone on CL, Southern NJ - $60

Post by Benjamin_L »

I contacted them to see if it had an elusive gold Silvertone concert reproducer and got some photos from the seller.
Attachments
thumbnail (6).jpg
thumbnail (7).jpg
Last edited by Benjamin_L on Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cody K
Victor III

Re: High-end Silvertone on CL, Southern NJ - $60

Post by Cody K »

Oh! I had hoped that would be the case -- if someone bothered to save the original turntable, why would they throw out the rest? There's really no telling from the pic if there's anything missing from the motor, and I'm gonna guess that the motorboard was lost in the "renovation", but what's in the pic suggests that restoration is very possible. It'll be quite a machine, restored. I hope you're able to get it!
"Gosh darn a Billiken anyhow."- Uncle Josh Weathersby