Amazing auctiom lot in Massachusetts. (Edison Ajax!)

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
FellowCollector
Victor IV

Re: Amazing auctiom lot in Massachusetts. (Edison Ajax!)

Post by FellowCollector »

Bruce wrote:I tried to reach out to the auction house for over two weeks with no success.I tried their email, listed phone number and even a associated number I found on the net, all met with no response?
It's interesting to see your post, Bruce. I was sincerely interested in at least one or more of the phonographs in this auction but it was not possible for me to attend the auction in person.

The listing for the auction indicated (in caps just like this) "QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL TUESDAY FROM NOON TO 3" which implied that any questions about items in the auction and presumably asking about telephone bidding or absentee bidding should be done in that window of opportunity, Tuesday, April 16, from noon to 3 pm.

Realizing I would be unavailable for the auction, I asked a good friend of mine (who was also interested in an item at the auction) to call the telephone number listed for the auction shortly after 12'oclock noon on Tuesday to ask a couple of quick questions about the items of interest and then ask if a phone bid was possible. There was no answer so my friend told me that he left a detailed message with his telephone number asking the auction to please call. After about an hour of waiting for the auction to return his call and realizing that the 3 hour window of opportunity to call was gradually closing, my friend told me that he called the auction telephone number at least 2 more times before 3 pm Tuesday leaving detailed messages to please call him. No call ever came from the auction. An online review for this auction has glowing positive comments so both of us presumed and expected that at the very least a brief return phone call could be made. It was a big disappointment to both of us. If nothing else it was refreshing to see Bruce's post and to thereby realize that my friend and I weren't the only ones who did not receive any response. I would have appreciated an opportunity to exceed the listed hammer prices for the items of interest to me but that's life I guess. :(