Parlophon Coin-Op gramophone on UK eBay

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Parlophon Coin-Op gramophone on UK eBay

Post by epigramophone »

Attachments
parlophon.jpg

Steve
Victor VI
Location: London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, New York, Evesham

Re: Parlophon Coin-Op gramophone on UK eBay

Post by Steve »

What? A decent machine on UK EBay? The end of the world is nigh.

jamiegramo
Victor III

Post by jamiegramo »

Certainly not a decent seller. His feedback says it all. This machine appeared on ebay (with a different horn) back in early February and I was excited to be the winning bidder at £870. Next thing I knew the seller had cancelled the transaction informing ebay that it was at my request. Of course untrue. First time this has happened to me and I was very disappointed as I assumed ebay were genuine legally-binding auctions but apparently that's not the case and there's nothing you can do. Now he has relisted it with a different horn at a buy it now of £4500. Same machine you can see the same nick out of the Parlophone trademark disc.

Original listing:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gramophone-/ ... 7675.l2557
Attachments
coin parlophone.jpg
Last edited by jamiegramo on Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve
Victor VI

Post by Steve »

Oh, sorry to hear that. It won't sell at the current price but that's little consolation for your disappointment.

jamiegramo
Victor III

Post by jamiegramo »

Thanks Steve. The latest horn may be rarer but for me it's very over-priced.

Steve
Victor VI

Post by Steve »

Yes, even with that horn it's not worth more than 3000. It's hardly a Trombophone. An unmolested one of those would be worth the asking price!

Sidewinder
Victor III

Post by Sidewinder »

Ebay will loose even more credibility by becoming enablers and accomplices of contract breech. Happened to me as well in May. Seller relisted the item after I had paid for it. So essentially theft, in addition to disrespecting law of contracts. I think wasting buyers time should be penalized with a $ value - this will stop this nonsence.

I hope this will leave gates open for an Amazon or another clever player to promote a better regulated auction system?

jamiegramo wrote:Certainly not a decent seller. His feedback says it all. This machine appeared on ebay (with a different horn) back in early February and I was excited to be the winning bidder at £870. Next thing I knew the seller had cancelled the transaction informing ebay that it was at my request. Of course untrue. First time this has happened to me and I was very disappointed as I assumed ebay were genuine legally-binding auctions but apparently that's not the case and there's nothing you can do. Now he has relisted it with a different horn at a buy it now of £4500. Same machine you can see the same nick out of the Parlophone trademark disc.

Original listing:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gramophone-/ ... 7675.l2557