Antique 1903 Thomas Edison Standard Phonograph

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
tonyCalvin
Victor O

Antique 1903 Thomas Edison Standard Phonograph

Post by tonyCalvin »

Antique 1903 Thomas Edison Standard Phonograph With Cylinders & Horn NICE On Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-1903-Thomas-Edison-Standard-Phonograph?

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: Antique 1903 Thomas Edison Standard Phonograph

Post by Jerry B. »

I'd be cautious. The machine is missing the shaver and the protective cover over the feed screw and the horn is incorrect. The seller does not even know if it works. Plus it is overpriced in my opiion. I think you can do much better here on the Forum. I have good quality entry level Standard and Home Edisons ready for the next Union at considerably less money.

Jerry B.

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

I agree with Jerry B. You can find much better here on the Forum and more reasonably priced.

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

The record boxes are marked "EDISON BLANK" and may be homemade recordings if they are not entirely all cracked. The phonograph still has its license label and is very original. Overpriced it is by collector's standards, but it is still an interesting old phonograph that simply needs a restoration. (Which would be labor-intensive and be a good bargaining point for a lower price!)

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

Here's a photo of an Edison Standard D that I placed on consignment at our local antique shop. It's a two & four minute player with an H reproducer, four cylinders and an all brass horn. The horn is too early for a D series machine but it had the cygnet bracket on the back and it looks very nice. I will net between $325 and $350 when it sells. I think that's a good value for a machine that is ready to be enjoyed in someone's home. Jerry B.
Attachments
IMG_4277.JPG