HMV Exhibition Model Converted to EMG Usage

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
leels1
Victor I

Re: HMV Exhibition Model Converted to EMG Usage

Post by leels1 »

Can't help but think an aluminium diaphragm would have been a good idea too.
I picked up an EMG exhibition type soundbox ages back, and when restoring it had the EMG letters engraved on the front of the backplate which of course were obscured by the fact it had an alu diaphragm. It does sound good.

Watanabehi
Victor II

Post by Watanabehi »

leels1 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:28 pm Can't help but think an aluminium diaphragm would have been a good idea too.
I picked up an EMG exhibition type soundbox ages back, and when restoring it had the EMG letters engraved on the front of the backplate which of course were obscured by the fact it had an alu diaphragm. It does sound good.
I have a mica diaphragm version of EMG. It looks like this.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-09-26 at 4.01.30 PM.png

leels1
Victor I

Post by leels1 »

Watanabehi wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:04 pm
leels1 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:28 pm Can't help but think an aluminium diaphragm would have been a good idea too.
I have a mica diaphragm version of EMG. It looks like this.
Yes that’s the same one exactly that I have too. Although the aluminium diaphragm is a genuine EMG one so they either upgraded it later I reckon, or were using up old stock with upgrades parts.