Re: AN EDISON OPERA PHONOGRAPH, type SM, model A

Post by Garret »

1800 GBP plus commission.

Steve
Victor VI
Location: London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, New York, Evesham

Post by Steve »

Garret wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:39 am 1800 GBP plus commission.
As you correctly pointed out, it wasn't all original or correct and I recognised that as someone who doesn't even own a single phonograph! I followed the sale though, bid on several items and won one! Did anyone else notice that parts of the auction sounded as though they were being filmed for TV......possibly for one of those "buy it for £40 and sell it for a tenner at the end of the program" type programs? There was certainly a lot of cheering going on for relatively inexpensive items selling for above estimate prices. The auctioneer was most definitely enjoying the whole experience.

PS - It turns out it was "Bargain Hunt". I just hope some of those buffoons leaping about cheering at the top of their lungs, didn't knock my machine over! :roll: :lol:

poodling around
Victor V

Post by poodling around »

Steve wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:26 am
As you correctly pointed out, it wasn't all original or correct and I recognised that as someone who doesn't even own a single phonograph! I followed the sale though, bid on several items and won one! Did anyone else notice that parts of the auction sounded as though they were being filmed for TV......possibly for one of those "buy it for £40 and sell it for a tenner at the end of the program" type programs? There was certainly a lot of cheering going on for relatively inexpensive items selling for above estimate prices. The auctioneer was most definitely enjoying the whole experience.

PS - It turns out it was "Bargain Hunt". I just hope some of those buffoons leaping about cheering at the top of their lungs, didn't knock my machine over! :roll: :lol:
I have only just seen this !

Congratulations on your new acquisition ! I wonder if you might make a 'floor-stand / table' for this as well ?

Great stuff indeed !

Steve
Victor VI
Location: London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, New York, Evesham

Post by Steve »

poodling around wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:17 am
Steve wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:26 am

I have only just seen this !

Congratulations on your new acquisition ! I wonder if you might make a 'floor-stand / table' for this as well ?

Great stuff indeed !
Thanks but er.....no, I'm actually in the process of trying to buy / find a suitable stand for it! There is one on Ebay but it's twice what I consider its worth!