An Evening at Jasper's

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

An Evening at Jasper's

Post by phonogfp »

Anyone who has seen Jasper Sanfilippo's collection will tell you it's indescribable. And anyone who hasn't seen this collection can't imagine what they're missing. I've been there about a dozen times and haven't seen everything.

This year, members of the Antique Phonograph Society can enjoy FREE ADMISSION to see Jasper's outstanding collection on Friday June 7, with additional features:
APSjasper001.jpg
Jaspers charitable foundation has always charged per person and the APS is honoring that tradition.

However,the APS will cover the entire cost for its members. Spouses/significant-others, or family members will receive a discounted admission of only $10.

Non-members or non-family will donate the usual $15.

The APS will have a table at the Union Phonograph Show and tickets/passes can be acquired there.

Members not obtaining their ticket at the show can be handled by APS staff at the foyer desk at Jasper's home.

All non-members may pay at the door.

If you're not yet a member of the APS, you can fix that in a few moments right here:

https://www.antiquephono.org/join-us-home/

Or, print out and mail this form:
APSmembership001.jpg
NOTE: If joining/renewing by mail, please allow enough lead time for your application to arrive and to be processed. We're all volunteers, so be kind...

See you at Jasper's!

George P.

Raphael
Victor IV

Re: An Evening at Jasper's

Post by Raphael »

George,

Wasn't this traditionally held on Saturday night? Will there also be a Saturday night event?

Raphael

TinfoilPhono
Victor IV

Post by TinfoilPhono »

In the past the Sanfilippo open house has always been on Saturday, but this year another group reserved that night long in advance, so the event for Union attendees had to be moved back to Friday.

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

Thank you, Antique Phonograph Society! This is a wonderful chance for those members who haven't been to see the collection (shamefully including myself :oops: ).

Best,
fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

This evening it was pointed out to me that I had failed to make special mention of the Vitaphone short which was recently restored under the auspices of the APS - - and thanks to generous contributions by a number of members of this forum! It was premiered at the APS Expo and Banquet in 2018, and will be screened again at Jasper's on June 7th.

The film is Ben Pollack and His Park Central Orchestra, a 1929 talkie which features a young Benny Goodman and Jack Teagarden among Pollack's talented amalgamation. This new print marks the first opportunity to see and hear the entire film and soundtrack after a state-of-the-art restoration.

Don't miss your chance to see this Vitaphone short, as well as the rest of the breathtaking evening at Jasper's!

George P.