Hello From City of London Phonograph & Gramophone Society

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
Wagnerian
Victor II

Hello From City of London Phonograph & Gramophone Society

Post by Wagnerian »

CLPGS Banner.doc
(185 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
Greetings to you all from The City of London Phonograph & Gramophone Society (CLPGS)and thank you to the Admin of this Forum for creating such a such a useful facility for us.

We are the oldest such Society in the world, having had Thomas Edison himself as our first Patron and despite our name, we welcome phonograph and gramophone enthusiasts from around the world. Indeed, appoximately a quarter of our membership live outside the United Kingdom.

We publish a full-colour quarterly magazine "For the Record" which is sent free of charge to all members as well as producing the popular "Reference Series" of booklets covering the whole range of collecting activity from Edison Diamond Discs, a biography of Billy Williams through to "The Complete Cylinder Handbook" being, perhaps, the most comprehensive listing of cylinder records ever produced. As a new venture last year, we also started issuing indestructible copies of Edison Grand Opera cylinders which has been so sucessful and so well received, that we will issue two more again this year.

We hold twelve meetings a year in central London which are free to all, members and non-members alike. So, if you find yourself in London on the 3rd Tuesday of any month at 19:00, please come along to The Conway Hall, Red Lion Square, London , WC1 4RL. We would love to see you and you would be made very welcome.

Full details of these and all our other activities plus our membership details(£20.00 for UK and Europe, £24 for the rest of the world), please visit our web-site on http://www.clpgs.org.uk

Thank you for your attention.

Tim Wood-Woolley
Membership Secretary CLPGS

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Re: Hello From City of London Phonograph & Gramophone Societ

Post by fran604g »

Thank you for your introduction and warm invitation! I, for one, would love to find myself in London someday, and I would certainly look you up. That would be a dream come true.
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

Wagnerian
Victor II

Post by Wagnerian »

We would love to see you in London,whenever you could make it.You would be made very welcome.

All the best

Tim W-W

doublemike
Victor I

Post by doublemike »

I've signed in just now! :coffee:
Victor Monarch, Columbia BK, Columbia BNW, Zonophone model 3, HMV 130

Wagnerian
Victor II

Post by Wagnerian »

Dear Doublemike,

Thank you very much indeed. I have received your application and sent your membership bits and pieces off to you this afternoon.

All the best and thanks for joining us.

Regards

Tim W-W