Need help with Brunswick speed control

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Victor VI

Need help with Brunswick speed control

Post by 52089 »

I took home a Brunswick 105 tabletop today, my first of that make. It was running fine until I decided to put the speed control indicator into a better position, something I thought would be a very easy job. Silly me.

Boiling a long story short, I accidentally dropped the motor and part of the speed control came apart. Please see photos. The bottom/retaining part of the speed control "screw" has broken off. I do have the spring that is part of this assembly.

If you have a replacement assembly, or ideas on how to repair as is, please let me know. I'd also like to know the best way to get this installed and adjusted correctly.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin
Attachments
DSCN0244.JPG
DSCN0245.JPG

De Soto Frank
Victor V

Re: Need help with Brunswick speed control

Post by De Soto Frank »

Can't help you there - I need the same speed-control knob assembly for my Brunswick 117.

In my search, I have learned that there are at least two different speed control knobs for Brunswick spring-motor machines: the earlier style has a similar knob & pointer above the deck, but underneath, it is simply a piston that pushes down against a spring-loaded governor lever.

The type you have pictured, seems to be the later type, which has the "screw & fork" design.

The knob is secured to the motorboard by the collar and set-screw on the underside of the motor-board.
De Soto Frank

Phototone
Victor III

Re: Need help with Brunswick speed control

Post by Phototone »

It appears as if you lost the round "interface" that "screws" onto the speed control shaft and has slots for the governor lever to ride in. It should look like a big thick washer.