CLPGS: Phonofair on Saturday 28 June 2014

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
Retrograde
Victor III

Re: CLPGS: Phonofair on Saturday 28 June 2014

Post by Retrograde »

Hopefully all the dealers were able to make a good day of it. Keep up the good work promoting the fair.

Wagnerian
Victor II

Post by Wagnerian »

Thanks for those kind words of support, Retrograde.

As far as I know, the dealers had a good day I certainly wasn't aware of any adverse comments. In fact one of the record dealers, who was there for the first time and whom I'd never met before, was so enthusiastic he even offered to help us organise the next fair!

Despite the inevitable sneering that comes from a certain quarter, we will keep organising the Phonofair as it is the only one of its kind in the UK and is certainly appreciated by those who attend it.

Here's to next year!

Tim W-W

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

Steve wrote:
I also delivered a sick motor to a trusted repairer who will have it running sweetly again very soon.
Care to share his name with us?
Just got back from holiday and noticed your question.

Since Philip Knighton retired due to ill health, I now turn to John Sleep www.windupgram.co.uk for help. Unlike Philip he is not just up the road from me (he is based near Newquay, Cornwall) but will get the motor back to me somehow without incurring outrageous postal charges.

Steve
Victor VI
Location: London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, New York, Evesham

Post by Steve »

epigramophone wrote:
Steve wrote:
I also delivered a sick motor to a trusted repairer who will have it running sweetly again very soon.
Care to share his name with us?
Just got back from holiday and noticed your question.

Since Philip Knighton retired due to ill health, I now turn to John Sleep http://www.windupgram.co.uk for help. Unlike Philip he is not just up the road from me (he is based near Newquay, Cornwall) but will get the motor back to me somehow without incurring outrageous postal charges.
Thank you. I thought it might be John you were referring to.