Union Report & Photos

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Union Report & Photos

Post by phonogfp »

A brief report on the Antique Phonograph Society presentations at Union can be found at the APS website under "Past Events" or here:

http://www.antiquephono.org/events/chic ... 1893-1933/

There are also a few photos of the show! :)

The APS would like to thank the over 100 people who attended the presentations. We hope everyone enjoyed themselves and we look forward to sponsoring similar presentations in the future.

Many thanks to those who joined the APS while at the Union show, and to all our members who make our activities possible. :)

George P.

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Re: Union Report & Photos

Post by fran604g »

Thank you, George!
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

You're welcome Fran. :)

Maybe we'll see you there next year!

George P.

Retrograde
Victor III

Post by Retrograde »

I was there for the presentations and I enjoyed both very much. I had never seen the video although I had heard about it from someone who owned a copy. I found that the commentary in the video applies today just as it did 25 years ago. The presentation by George Glastris was fantastic. Hope we can have more of this type program at the Union Show in the future.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special

Post by phonogfp »

I'm glad you enjoyed the presentations. We hope to sponsor more presentations at Union in the future (during the annual show in June).

I had never seen the video either, and found it entertaining and surprisingly prescient in spots. The challenges our hobby faces today were foreseen and even experienced to some degree 25 years ago. And George Glastris's presentation was very interesting.

The only downside to whole thing was when they had that bald guy stand up between the presentations and bore people for 90 seconds! :)
Union15.jpg
George P.

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

What is that strange looking horn on the Victor R? I never saw anything like that before.
Harvey Kravitz

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special

Post by phonogfp »

Phonofreak wrote:What is that strange looking horn on the Victor R? I never saw anything like that before.
Harvey Kravitz
That's an Osten-Spaulding horn (patented July 22.1902). It's the only one I've ever seen.

George P.