Antique Phonograph Society Status

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Antique Phonograph Society Status

Post by phonogfp »

It has been eight months since MAPS and CAPS merged resources to form The Antique Phonograph Society, and I'm happy to report that we are having an excellent first year of operations. We are well ahead of our projected membership numbers, and we're hoping to break the 1000-member milestone shortly. :)

Our Facebook page at http://www.antiquephono.org has nearly 700 members and is almost as active as this forum.

Speaking of the website (which is less than 10 months old), it continues to gain popularity, had over 7000 hits in July, and has become our major portal for new members, particularly those who are new to the hobby and/or have never belonged to an antique phonograph club before. There are over a dozen articles on antique phonographs there (including a book-length feature on Brunswick), with more to follow within a week or two.

We have filed for not-for-profit status with the IRS, have an outstanding Board of Directors, and have put in place an Executive Board to oversee Society operations and BOD decisions. From its beginnings around several kitchen tables over 30 years ago, our Society has become an international operation whose aim is to educate, disseminate information, and facilitate the study and collecting of sound recording and reproducing artifacts.

If you've considered joining, but just haven't gotten around to it, would you consider it now and help us break that 1000-member mark? :)

Best to all,

George Paul - Antique Phonograph Society

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Re: Antique Phonograph Society Status

Post by fran604g »

George,

Do you know how many of the FB members are also APS members, offhand?

Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

Fran,

Offhand, I don't know how that shakes out. I'll check our Facebook Page Administrator and get back to you! :)

George P.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special

Post by phonogfp »

Fran,

The answer to your question is that somebody would need to sit down and compare names from both groups to develop a list of people who don't belong to one or the other.

You'll be getting a big box in the mail...! :lol:

George P.