Sept. 2014 APS Journal

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Phonofreak
Victor VI

Sept. 2014 APS Journal

Post by Phonofreak »

I received my Sept 2014 APS Journal. It is great. I'm still digesting all of the information. All of the articles were well written. However, my 2 favorite articles were about I Saw It In The Catalog, by Shawn O'Rourke. The Other was about the Columbia Q written by George Paul. I really love those Columbia Q's. Keep up the great work.
Harvey Kravitz

gemering
Victor IV

Re: Sept. 2014 APS Journal

Post by gemering »

Ditto!
Excellent issue.
Kudos Shawn and George!
Gene

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Post by alang »

Also received my magazine today. "I saw it in the catalog" was also the first article that caught my eye. I'll have time to read it all tomorrow at the beach. :D

Thanks
Andreas

mikejk
Victor II

Post by mikejk »

Mine came today also. Enjoyed the picture of the A-60 Diamond Disc along with all the articles. Thanks to all the contributers.
Mike

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

Thank you, gentlemen, for your kind words about the APS journal. :)

There's quite a back story to this issue, and it was only through the herculean efforts of Editor Rene Rondeau that the journal made it out on time. Or at all...! But I'll let him tell the story if he's so inclined, and if he doesn't toot his own horn enough, I'll chime in again... ;)

I think everyone should subscribe, don't you? :lol:

Best to all,

George P.

mikejk
Victor II

Post by mikejk »

phonogfp wrote:I think everyone should subscribe, don't you? Best to all,George P.
Yes George, absolutely. When I received my first "In The Groove", I thought-- What took me so long!

Thanks again, Mike

RAK402
Victor II

Post by RAK402 »

I received mine yesterday-it is outstanding.

I was given two when I joined The Antique Phonograph Society at the show in Buena Park.

These are very professionally produced magazines with a wealth of information in each one!

welshfield
Victor II

Post by welshfield »

I agree that this is an excellent publication and an excellent (combined) society. It's just the mandatory January membership expiration system that makes it hard for me to keep up my memberships. December is Christmastime and just too busy for me to remember to renew. Then when I finally catch up late and renew, I get a batch of back issues in the mail for which ads have expired and
.....whine....whine....
I know, it's probably just me but I just can not keep up my membership with mandatory December payments.
John

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

welshfield wrote:I agree that this is an excellent publication and an excellent (combined) society. It's just the mandatory January membership expiration system that makes it hard for me to keep up my memberships. December is Christmastime and just too busy for me to remember to renew. Then when I finally catch up late and renew, I get a batch of back issues in the mail for which ads have expired and
.....whine....whine....
I know, it's probably just me but I just can not keep up my membership with mandatory December payments.
John
John,

You don't need to pay in December; you can pay anytime you please. We have several folks who have already paid for their 2015 memberships. If summer is easier, that's fine...we just enter you as "PAID" in the computer. The only thing that runs for the calendar year is the membership. You can pay ahead anytime. :)

George P.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special

Post by phonogfp »

I've just entered some interesting information under "Society News":

http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... 15&t=18289

Please take a look! :)

Thanks, and best to all,

George P.