Modernola Phonograph

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
LT580ZX
Victor Jr

Modernola Phonograph

Post by LT580ZX »

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has information on what the original lamp posts looked like on the Modernola upright phonograph. I have a reproduction lamp post and it looks like most of the originals I have seen and I thought this was the only option for the lamp post. However, I recently saw two different photos of painted machines and one had the original sales slip with it. Both had rather ornate lamp posts. In the past, most of the units that did not look like the normal one I see I always assumed were just lamps added. But now I am wondering if there were several lamp post options available. I am also interested in seeing a picture of the male connector that plugs into the socket in the motor board from the lamp. I have seen machines where they just run the wires through the female conncetor and others that seem to have adapted a vintage electrical plug, but I am not aware of what an original should look like and am trying to recreate that part for my unit. Thanks in advance for any thoughts, pics, or advice.